FnG checkin in - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FnG checkin in

How's it goin all. Ive come across the opportunity to buy a 2011 XR with 32k on the clock, and I'm pretty sure I'll be pulling the trigger on it.

Its pretty decently equipped from what it seems... HID headlights, lowered, tint, K&N replacement filter, 6 disc changer... a good head start on mods and about the same route I'd go with it. Took it on 2 test drives, with one putting it through its paces in the twisties. Very enjoyable, smooth, no squeeks.

I've looked at some of the FAQ on the site, so I've just wanted to double check with you all after guesting this site for so long if I've covered all the angles. All the issues like the cracked rear fender, clutch/tranny issues seem to all be with the "older" models? I didn't notice any of those tell-tale signs on this example, so I have a good warm and fuzzy thus far. Anything else I should look for? I know its lowered, but I can't tell how in the rear. The front has red coil springs so I assume that's how up front. I noticed bilstein shocks in the rear though, is that stock?

I read that there was a MPG post floating around, but couldn't find it. What should I expect for this thing?

Its not my ideal vehicle performance wise, but for a pickup, I very much enjoy it and can forgive some of the straight line shortcomings. Yet I know there's already remedies for that as well, lol.

Any other input from the XR crew would be much appreciated. And if I most likely pull the trigger on her, look fwd to new friendships!

Update: picking her up tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Re: FnG checkin in

(1) Welcome to CT!

(2) Yes - so far as I know, the fender crack and tranny issues seem to have been 'growing pains' that affected the early specimens of the 2005+ generation.

(3) I've copied your post to a new thread in XR Talk:

2011 XR with 32K-miles: Multiple Questions ...

... where your questions should get more notice.

(4) The 'official' EPA mpg figures (using the more conservative rating system introduced a few years ago) are: 15 MPG city, 19 MPG highway, 17 MPG combined.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode