#11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: My 01 S-runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeymikee View Post
Thanks, I really like this truck. I used to have a 07 x-runner but didn't like it, it felt heavy.

I still have the is300 wheels if u are interested. The hubs are bored also. No tires though.
would you ship those wheels if yes ill grab them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 AM
[]D [] []D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatic1 View Post
I've seen some being flagged as normal tacoma's on used car website which is terrible!
Please post them on here for everyone to see. I constantly check autotrader but there are few that show up.

'14 SWP STI
#13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Mambeau / Admin

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

I've found that one shouldn't rely on using the name 'S-Runner' to search AutoTrader (cars.com, etc.). If you search on the name, you'll miss the SR's that are mis-listed as 'PreRunners' (happens all the time) or something else.

It's more reliable to search on 'V6' and 'manual transmission' and '2WD'.

The ultimate test for resolving ambiguities is my 'Steven-Stick' rule. SR's are the only 2001 - 2004 models whose VIN's begin with '5TEVN' ('Steven') and which have manual transmissions.

'5TEVN' means a US-built Tacoma extended cab, 2WD, with a V6. A 2001 - 2004 '5TEVN' must be either a PreRunner or an S-Runner. All PreRunners during that period were automatics. All SR's were manuals.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My SR everyday .....ImageUploadedByAutoguide1353430570.206881.jpg

Hasn't been washed in over a year. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1353430611.566774.jpgImageUploadedByAutoguide1353430629.717624.jpgImageUploadedByAutoguide1353430653.304636.jpgImageUploadedByAutoguide1353430676.739539.jpg

I LOVE my truck more than my own life lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

"The truck people love to hate"
"Ergo bibamus"
Actual Join Date: Nov. 2005
#15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
[]D [] []D

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Gaia View Post
I've found that one shouldn't rely on using the name 'S-Runner' to search AutoTrader (cars.com, etc.). If you search on the name, you'll miss the SR's that are mis-listed as 'PreRunners' (happens all the time) or something else.

It's more reliable to search on 'V6' and 'manual transmission' and '2WD'.

The ultimate test for resolving ambiguities is my 'Steven-Stick' rule. SR's are the only 2001 - 2004 models whose VIN's begin with '5TEVN' ('Steven') and which have manual transmissions.

'5TEVN' means a US-built Tacoma extended cab, 2WD, with a V6. A 2001 - 2004 '5TEVN' must be either a PreRunner or an S-Runner. All PreRunners during that period were automatics. All SR's were manuals.
I already do this. Still, the ads you read on autotrader are only as reliable as the shmucks that put them up in the first place. There are plenty of times I will find SR's under 4 cylinder too, with pictures of the 3400 right on the fn engine!!!!!!

'14 SWP STI
#16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Mambeau / Admin

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
... Still, the ads you read on autotrader are only as reliable as the shmucks that put them up in the first place. There are plenty of times I will find SR's under 4 cylinder too, with pictures of the 3400 right on the fn engine!!!!!!
True, true ...

I've seen SR's listed as 'PreRunners' (even by dealerships!), with the transmission listed as 'automatic' by default (even though the photos clearly show it has a manual tranny).

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode