#1 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ruger makes it easy

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Thank you so much to Ruger for making it so easy for people to contact the President, Vice-President, your Senators, Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State-Level Elected Officials and State Attorney General about gun rights all with just a few clicks! Take 2 minutes of your time to tell your elected officials how you feel about anti gun legislation!

Thank you Ruger! You have come a long way and I am happy to own and buy your products!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 AM
[]D [] []D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Re: Ruger makes it easy

You like guns, we get it.

'14 SWP STI
#3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Spam?
#4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Ruger doesnt care
#5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
You like guns, we get it.
Who doesn't?
#6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 AM
[]D [] []D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMoonlight View Post
Who doesn't?
Probably a lot more people than you think. All my elder relatives in the family hunted when they were kids and most of them still do. I shot a BB gun once when I was kid and that was the last time I ever fired a gun. None of my cousins have ever fired one either.

I live in NJ and we have the strictest laws on firearm ownership. It is a lengthy process just to get a permit for hunting/firing range (police captains or sheriffs have the final call) and forget about concealed carry. It does not exist for civilians, only police/government. Add that onto all the crazy f@cks shooting places up, it only makes it worse for the rest of us. We have some bad crime ridden areas, but a ton of cops. I pay enough in taxes for them and that's their job, let them deal with it.

I'm not saying I disagree with anyone's right to own a gun, I'm just saying for me it's more of a headache than it's worth to get one. There are too many regulations and the law is purposely written to practically make you a criminal if you have one in your car. I'm too lazy to look it up, but if you want to go to the shooting range to use your firearm, you must go from your house to the shooting range, and immediately back home. If you travel to someone's house that isn't on the way to the range, the law says you broke the terms of your permit and you are now a criminal. If you had to take a piss and you stopped at some random store, because the gun is in your car and you didn't go directly to the firing range, you are now a criminal.

Does all this sound crazy? Welcome to New Jersey.

'14 SWP STI

Last edited by AFP520; 01-15-2013 at 06:25 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Probably a lot more people than you think. All my elder relatives in the family hunted when they were kids and most of them still do. I shot a BB gun once when I was kid and that was the last time I ever fired a gun. None of my cousins have ever fired one either.

I live in NJ and we have the strictest laws on firearm ownership. It is a lengthy process just to get a permit for hunting/firing range (police captains or sheriffs have the final call) and forget about concealed carry. It does not exist for civilians, only police/government. Add that onto all the crazy f@cks shooting places up, it only makes it worse for the rest of us. We have some bad crime ridden areas, but a ton of cops. I pay enough in taxes for them and that's their job, let them deal with it.

I'm not saying I disagree with anyone's right to own a gun, I'm just saying for me it's more of a headache than it's worth to get one. There are too many regulations and the law is purposely written to practically make you a criminal if you have one in your car. I'm too lazy to look it up, but if you want to go to the shooting range to use your firearm, you must go from your house to the shooting range, and immediately back home. If you travel to someone's house that isn't on the way to the range, the law says you broke the terms of your permit and you are now a criminal. If you had to take a piss and you stopped at some random store, because the gun is in your car and you didn't go directly to the firing range, you are now a criminal.

Sounds a lot like toronto! If you want to fire your handgun you have to inform the authorities when you transport it... same deal. Hunting rifles / shotguns are allowed to be transported anywhere as long as they are concealed in your car (not visible) and in a case with a trigger lock (and someone in the car has a gun license).

We have lots of cops here... no need for guns unless you decide to get out of your car and pick fights with people in the rough areas... or hunting....
#8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:

That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. Guns are a right granted to us by the constitution and our country and many politicians are clearly starting to disregard that sacred document.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

We use them for target shooting. Glad i have them for protection too. Cops won't show up in time if i ever need them.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMoonlight View Post
That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. Guns are a right granted to us by the constitution and our country and many politicians are clearly starting to disregard that sacred document.
The real question is, what is going to be next??

G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode