Remote Starter/Alarm problems - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Remote Starter/Alarm problems

This is my first post on the site (been a reader for a while, just haven't asked any questions). I need some advice from you experienced folks...

I had Pursuit Series 4 channel remote car starter with full feature alarm system (model PRO-9775T) installed on my 2005 Tacoma in January of this year. For some reason now, whenever I remote start the truck, the parking lights don’t come on. When I get off the train every night, I have no clue if the remote starter actually activated or not. The lights don’t even flash when I arm the alarm. What could be the cause of this? If you have any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Veteran

Re: Remote Starter/Alarm problems

I have no experience with you particular remote start but it sound like you have either a loose connection in the wires that go to your parking lights or the remote start itself may be defective. Just a guess.

Mods: 2 10"Polk Audio MOMO MM2104 Subs, 2 Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS,Polk Audio C500.1 amp, Polk Audio MOMO MMC6500, JL 450/4 4 CH amp, Blue Dash Lights, Carriage Works Grill, Snug Top, Tinted Windows, Debadged tailgate, 6" Procomp lift 17"Helo Maxx Rims, 265/75/17 A/T Tires. Cleared Headlight, Trendz Antenna,TRD Seat Covers.Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust,Airraid Intake, Panosonic 7" In-Dash Touch Screen, Back Up Camera, Train Horn, Viper Alarm
#3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Addict

Do your parking lights work even when not using the alarm, i.e. running lights?

"Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get."
- George Bernard Shaw
#4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Addict

sounds like you have a blown fuse. The white wire coming from the alarm brain should have a 10amp fuse in it. Its probably blown.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 04:48 PM

(Thread Starter)

The parking lights only work when I actually go to turn them on. When I remote start the truck, they usually come on until I get inside and put the key in the ignition. When I get off the train at night (5:30 p.m. EST), I have no way of knowing if my truck actually started until I get to a distance where I can hear it. Tonight was one of those nights that it didn't start and I had no idea until I was there.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the place that installed it. They pretty much said the same things you guys said (blown fuse or loose wire). If they think I'm paying a dime, they're sorely mistaken...
#6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Addict

By the way nost installers use a t-tap style connection and they always fail. I solder my conections and rarely if ever do I have a problem. You might want to ask if they use these
#7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 06:07 PM
CustomTaco

Any ideas why the remote start on my '05 won't start the truck with the first crank when it's the first time starting it in the mornin?

Not your everyday Tacoma...........
CT......not just a website......It's a way of life!!!!
#8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Addict

Depends on what the cranking cycle on the alarm is. Normally if your truck wont start in just a few cranks the alarm will stop and then try over its a safety feature in the unit so it doesnt burn up the starter. If it wont start at all then its probably somthing in the alarm or a programming issue
#9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 12:24 AM
CustomTaco

i got ya. it's just weird, because it will start, but some mornings it will just crank, like the alarm can't give it the extra juice it needs in the morning. haha

Not your everyday Tacoma...........
CT......not just a website......It's a way of life!!!!
#10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowedtacoma
i got ya. it's just weird, because it will start, but some mornings it will just crank, like the alarm can't give it the extra juice it needs in the morning. haha
I would check the connection of the ignition wires..

also , you might be on to something as far as juice.. make sure that your remote starter was installed with a direct power line to the battery(fused of course). The factory ignition wires and 12 volt constants are not of size to provide all the power that the brain needs to run the vehicle... that could be your problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode