finding foam at home depot or lowes... - Page 3 - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: finding foam at home depot or lowes...

Quote:
Yeah I'm at Home Depot or Homie de pot like we call it. Anyway sorry if I bug you about working for lowes. I been doing dept. 23 floor and walls. However I do marble or granite countertop on the side. Home Depot is the best place to work as a part time. Company benefit are really great. One thing like blangkang I too don't like CEO Nardelli. And hate early store meeting. It you need foam buy the spary like foam. It help in really hot temp. Plus just spary it and it insulate itself. Be careful and don't over-do-it. Cause 9 of 10 it going to make the door real heavy.
Yeah Depot rocks if theres a good TEAM there, I have seen some good and bad things. I wish they paid more but as long as BOB is there getting his big check each year ill see less money. I hate that prick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quote:
i dont really wanna do spray. and i REALLY dont want the ish to keep the heat inside the cab during summer.
Now, for that, and only for that reason, I'm glad I live at 7000 feet in Arizona!
#23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Addict

Quote:
Well I have been working paint for the past 2 years, I also do reach, forklift, OP, cash reg, manage the treelot each year,ect I am a home depot whore. I hate the CEO with a passion
im now getting around to reading this post but anyways i work in the paint department too at lowes. so many damn people bring home depot's paint in our store wanting us to mix it. most people around here seem to like lowes more than home depot. its still a good job for a part timer that is in school.
#24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Hey check out the sound barriers on page 3274 of www.mcmaster.com
#25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Strictly Performance

Quote:
i used bed foam padding for the walls in my room. the only down side is its pink, which doesnt bother me as long as it does it job.
Ya I've got a ton of this and since I cant find ANY Ensolite I think I'm going to just go ahead and use this stuff. Your talking about those foam pads you put ontop of the mattress but under the sheets right? How well does it work?
#26 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Grand Tacoholic

I wouldn't rec. using that, it's open cell foam and will collect water from the doors, and will stink after it does. You want to used closed cell foam.

Rick (raamaudio) can get ensolite foam.

I'm still searcing for an inexspensive alternative...
#27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quote:
Quote:
Well I have been working paint for the past 2 years, I also do reach, forklift, OP, cash reg, manage the treelot each year,ect I am a home depot whore. I hate the CEO with a passion
im now getting around to reading this post but anyways i work in the paint department too at lowes. so many damn people bring home depot's paint in our store wanting us to mix it. most people around here seem to like lowes more than home depot. its still a good job for a part timer that is in school.
Yeah I have been offerd to work over there twice but my girl wanted me to stay....so should have went. Trust me we get our share of people with your guys paint going I just bought it last week....No sir yeah that blue box with LOWE"S on it....Dumba$$... JUST and FYI we carry the best paint
#28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Addict

Quote:
Yeah I have been offerd to work over there twice but my girl wanted me to stay....so should have went. Trust me we get our share of people with your guys paint going I just bought it last week....No sir yeah that blue box with LOWE"S on it....Dumba$$... JUST and FYI we carry the best paint
yea yall carry that Behr sh*t. we carry american tradition. i know that our store does twice as much sales as the home depot down the road. home depot is a much bigger company than lowes though.
#29 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:
...You want to used closed cell foam. ... Rick (raamaudio) can get ensolite foam. ... I'm still searcing for an inexspensive alternative...
Cam'...

Monmouth Rubber manufactures a line of closed cell foam products under the trade name Durafoam. They claim close compatibility between their Durafoam products and the better-known Ensolite closed cell products from Rubatex. A table comparing the two product lines is at:

http://www.monmouthrubber.com/equivalency_chart_01.htm
#30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Aviation supplier Aircraft Spruce offers 1/4" thick Ensolite for airplane soundproofing in 56" wide sheets, priced out at $6.65 per linear foot. That's $6.65 for 4.5 square feet = circa $1.48 per square foot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode