How do you connect amp to 01 xtracab rear speakers? - Page 2 - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: How do you connect amp to 01 xtracab rear speakers?

I just picked up another Civic from Ga yesterday (99 coupe), and when I got it home, I found a 10" JL sub and amp in the back. It was wired in with one of those converters off of one of the rear deck speakers.
And no, I do not always look at the car fully when the price is right. I just buy it. Lol.

I usually do not use them, but since the car has the stock cd player in it, I will just leave it the way it is until I get around to swapping out the head unit.

Diverse-Customs.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg View Post
... If I ended up getting a new head unit with rca output, could I simply connect my sub to that instead of splicing wires?
The Kicker documentation mentioned they offer an optional wiring harness that can be used if your system has RCA plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg View Post
And could I just plug the factory wiring harness into the new head unit?
Probably not. You'd probably need to use either (a) an installation harness from the head unit manufacturer or (b) an aftermarket installer harness (e.g., from Scosche, etc.) to patch the new head unit into the OEM wiring scheme without splicing.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ALWAYS use an install kit for wiring an aftermarket head unit. Nothing worse than people cutting factory wires for a stereo.

Usually about ten bucks (unless it's Euro).

Diverse-Customs.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode