User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Tacoholic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
power windows

Does anyone here have power windows that came stock with their 2001-2004 Tacoma? How far do your windows roll down? I did a swap a while back and my windows only roll down where there's about two inches remaining. Both the driver's side and passenger site stop at the same height, it boggles me and drives me be bonkers. I'm about to drop some coin to change back to manual regulators with universal actuators just so I can go all the way down. I need to replace the passenger side motor anyways, is done broke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Re: power windows

Sounds like something (control unit? regulator setting when installed? ...) is out of adjustment, so that "down to two inches" is considered "all the way down". I'm not sure what would cause that.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 AM
ADMlNAHATER

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Mine are factory and they roll all the way down..
They seem to be getting slower in their old age, any fsm action for maitenance Randy?

#4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Mambeau / Admin

I'm not aware of any prescribed maintenance. The motor units are sealed; they basically either work or they don't.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Tacoholic

(Thread Starter)

There's basically a gear that the motor tracks along and I'm running out of gear when my window gets to the bottom, but have some gear remaining when it's at the top. I need to somehow adjust that range, I've unscrewed the motor so I can adjust the gear, but it just reverts back... ugh, I'm prolly making no sense.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Mambeau / Admin

I understand what you're saying, and it makes sense as what you want to accomplish.

However, I can't find any FSM mention of adjusting the gearing / tracking on the power window mechanism ...

Where did your regulators / motors come from?

#7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Tacoholic

(Thread Starter)

I bought SPROKIT's stock power window regulators, door panels, all wiring, controls, ect. and put them in my truck. Didn't he have an S-Runner? I had to run some wires here an there, but it's as close to stock as it can be.

I don't think there's a way to get her any lower, as the scissor maxes out at the bottom, thus the mechanism is the limiting factor here.

I normally wouldn't even bother fussing with this, but my passenger side went out. I figured while I'm messing with that, might as well cure this no-down-all-the-way issue. F*ck it, I'm going to buy some manual regulators and a universal power window kit. Shouldn't take me too long to do it.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 PM
ADMlNAHATER

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetcurry View Post
I bought SPROKIT's stock power window regulators, door panels, all wiring, controls, ect. and put them in my truck. Didn't he have an S-Runner? I had to run some wires here an there, but it's as close to stock as it can be.

I don't think there's a way to get her any lower, as the scissor maxes out at the bottom, thus the mechanism is the limiting factor here.

I normally wouldn't even bother fussing with this, but my passenger side went out. I figured while I'm messing with that, might as well cure this no-down-all-the-way issue. F*ck it, I'm going to buy some manual regulators and a universal power window kit. Shouldn't take me too long to do it.
He also had a lowered 4x4 that I believe he gutted out..
And it mite not be a 01-04 body style if memory serves..

#9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Tacorvette enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
Mine are factory and they roll all the way down..
They seem to be getting slower in their old age, any fsm action for maitenance Randy?
Chris, use some Silicone spray where the window slides into the tracks (the rubber/felt ones that are exposed above door panel), thats usually where it sticks causing it to slow down, after you spray some lube on those things they will seem like they are supercharged!

It is rare that they stick in the lower section where the motor and drive slides are.

As far as the OP window issue, never seen that before, wierd.

BOOST BRIGADE I fabricate custom parts: HEIM STYLE STRUT RODS, FORWARD FACING INTAKE MANIFOLDS, and TRACTION BARS (5 LUG) contact me for more info @ www.Speed-freek.com or just PM me here THANKS!
Former Lexus / Toyota tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode