pioneer headunit w/ scosche integration harness install help! - CustomTacos.com Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
pioneer headunit w/ scosche integration harness install help!

I have several questions that I need some help. I have a DC shortbed with the JBL stereo system. I finally got everything to install a new headunit (scosche dash, scosche TA07SR integration harness, pioneer AVH-P4000DVD, and back up camera), and getting ready to install in the next few days.

1. 3 of the 4 wires match up with the headunit ones except for these: On the scosche harness the blue/white "amp remote" and on the headunit an orange/white "connect to lighting switch terminal". Where do these go?

2. On the scosche harness there are the 4 audio rca jacks that go into the headunit (FR, FL, RR, RL). These also include the subwoofer, correct? Or another way to put it, I don't have to connect anything extra for the subwoofers right?

3. There is a blue/white wire in the headunit wire harness that says to "Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300mA 12V DC)" What do I do with this wire?

4. Where is the best place to connect the ground wire to coming from the head unit harness?

5. All the unused wires on the headunit harness (speaker wires, mute wire, etc.)...can I just tape the ends with electrical tape and let them hang there?

6. Just making sure, on the backup camera (Pyle PLCM20) there is a red and a black wire in addition to the video RCA plug that goes into the headunit. In the directions it says "connect the red (or black) power input jack with power supply". I thought red was for power and black was for ground, so why does it say "red (or black)" in the directions? If I am still correct on the previous statement, I could just tap into the red "acc" power wire from the scosche harness right? and same with the ground, even though the ground on the scosche harness is a lower gauge wire?

ANY help is appreciated!! This is my first time installing audio equipment, and I really don't want to screw anything up. Also, if you think I am in way over my head please let me know so I can bring it to a shop to install before I start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
millions of peaches

Re: pioneer headunit w/ scosche integration harness install help!

the blue white wire has two purposes. A) to tell your after market amp to turn on. B)to tell your antennae to go up and down which does not apply to tacomas.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 04:47 PM
CustomTaco

For the blue/white: This wire would turn on an aftermarket amplifier. If you're not using one, just cap it off

For the orange/white wire: Do not use this wire because the factory harness doesn't have it. Just cap it off

For the back-up camera: Pioneer's give you the ability to tell it that you are either going to have the camera's polarity either negative or positive. This means that you can hook the red up to the ACC and the black to ground giving you positive polarity on the camera

I wouldn't recommmend electrical tape. I would use some Crimp-On Butt Connectors that you can get just about anywhere

Not your everyday Tacoma...........
CT......not just a website......It's a way of life!!!!

Last edited by flowedtacoma; 05-24-2008 at 04:50 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

connect the two blue/white wires together, orange/white is a dimmer wire. If your radio has an orange/white wire you can choose to hook them together. When you turn your lights on your radio face will dim down so that you are not blinded at night.

Yes since you are using the RCA's for signal you can tape the other speaker wires together just make sure they are not touching eachother bare wire.

Ground is up to you if you choose not to use the ground in the harness then the best ground is the shortest distance to metal from your radio.

Use the RED wire as you Acc power and BLACK as ground. If you are unsure about doing this fuse both wires with a small 5amp fuse so if they are backwards the fuse will blow and your camera wont fry.

You can use the Red and Black off your radios harness.

This instal is way easy you can do it just alot of steps.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:44 AM
CustomTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex2884 View Post
orange/white is a dimmer wire. If your radio has an orange/white wire you can choose to hook them together.
Just a note, there are two dimmer wires on some headunits (a positive and a negative). You simply use which ever one matches the color you have on your harness. And if you only have 1 dimmer wire, then hook it to the orange on the vehicle harness

Not your everyday Tacoma...........
CT......not just a website......It's a way of life!!!!
#6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast

dimmer and illumination to be exact....orange and then orange/white
#7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:33 PM

(Thread Starter)

Just want to make sure about the grounds....The ground wire on the scosche adaptor...Is this a ground for the TA07SR unit itself and have to be grounded? Or is it just a pathway to a ground somewhere else in the vehicle for the headunit to use? (hopefully that made sense)

If it is a ground for the TA07SR unit itself then I could just connect all the grounds (camera, headunit, TA07SR) togetehr and connect it to a screw via a spade clip. But if it is the second one above, then I could just tape it off and not worry about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode