I have several questions that I need some help. I have a DC shortbed with the JBL stereo system
. I finally got everything to install a new headunit (scosche dash, scosche TA07SR integration harness, pioneer AVH-P4000DVD, and back up camera), and getting ready to install in the next few days.
1. 3 of the 4 wires
match up with the headunit ones except for these: On the scosche harness the blue/white "amp remote" and on the headunit an orange/white "connect to lighting switch terminal". Where do these go?
2. On the scosche harness there are the 4 audio
rca jacks that go into the headunit (FR, FL, RR, RL). These also include the subwoofer, correct? Or another way to put it, I don't have to connect anything extra for the subwoofers right?
3. There is a blue/white wire in the headunit wire harness that says to "Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300mA 12V DC)" What do I do with this wire?
4. Where is the best place to connect the ground wire to coming from the head unit harness?
5. All the unused wires on the headunit harness (speaker
wires, mute wire, etc.)...can I just tape the ends with electrical tape and let them hang there?
6. Just making sure, on the backup camera
(Pyle PLCM20) there is a red and a black wire in addition to the video RCA plug that goes into the headunit. In the directions it says "connect the red (or black) power input jack with power supply". I thought red was for power and black was for ground, so why does it say "red (or black)" in the directions? If I am still correct on the previous statement, I could just tap into the red "acc" power wire from the scosche harness right? and same with the ground, even though the ground on the scosche harness is a lower gauge wire?
ANY help is appreciated!! This is my first time installing audio equipment, and I really don't want to screw anything up. Also, if you think I am in way over my head please let me know so I can bring it to a shop to install before I start.