2004 radio removal - CustomTacos.com Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2004 radio removal

can i be directed as to how to remove my factor radio out a 2004 toyota xtracab?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Tacoholic

Re: 2004 radio removal

refer to the tech section....here: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/

and find the dash take apart instructions here: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77

It's pretty simple but theres a lot of plastic stuff so just take it slow and be careful

The taco is back and on the boost!
#3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Check the first page in this 2003 dash removal chapter (attached) ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf InstrPanel-Removal.pdf (77.1 KB, 73 views)

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerangle1990 View Post
refer to the tech section....
i am trying the same, to remove the stereo of my Tacoma 2004, and i printed and followed all the instructions from the tech section. however i'm stuck now.

step #3 says "Remove ashtray and remove the phillips head screw on upper right side". im assuming the screw is inside the slot where the ashtray was, but there are too screws there. since the instructions are *VERY* detailed, im afraid i might be removing stuff i shouldnt.

also, it seems that the console below the dash, where there are two other lighters and the "toyota security", this console seems to be holding the dash, but the tech section doesnt say if i should remove that either (there are no screws!).

i need to find someone that went through all this, because these questions are not in the tech section....
#5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelfigueira View Post
i am trying the same, to remove the stereo of my Tacoma 2004, and i printed and followed all the instructions from the tech section. however i'm stuck now.

step #3 says "Remove ashtray and remove the phillips head screw on upper right side". im assuming the screw is inside the slot where the ashtray was, but there are too screws there. since the instructions are *VERY* detailed, im afraid i might be removing stuff i shouldnt.

also, it seems that the console below the dash, where there are two other lighters and the "toyota security", this console seems to be holding the dash, but the tech section doesnt say if i should remove that either (there are no screws!).

i need to find someone that went through all this, because these questions are not in the tech section....
Ok, I did this to my '03 about 3 years ago, but this is what I remember from it:

I just checked the ashtray area, and there are two screws that hold the ashtray mounting frame to the black trim. Both of them will need to be removed.

You are correct that the console below the dash is holding the black trim in place. There are 2 plastic anchor things on each side of the console, close to the back. Once you remove those, the console can be moved out of the way to reveal a 3rd screw that holds the plastic trim in place. Those pins that hold the console are technically single use, but it is possible to remove them without breaking them. I actually never put them back because they are a pain to remove again should the need arise, and really not necessary anyway.

"I contend that for a Nation to Tax itself to prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle!" ---Winston Churchill

Last edited by sputnik767; 11-18-2007 at 04:20 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
You are correct that the console below the dash is holding the black trim in place. There are 2 plastic anchor things on each side of the console, close to the back. Once you remove those, the console can be moved out of the way to reveal a 3rd screw that holds the plastic trim in place.
you are absolutely right. this is the step that is missing in the tech section: removing the console below is a must, and reveals a 3rd screw, then the trim goes.

in my case i didnt need to remove the two screws of the ashtray, i just needed to pull the stereo a little bit and connect the TOYAUX. everything is back together, and working nicely.
#7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerangle1990 View Post
refer to the tech section....here: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/

and find the dash take apart instructions here: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77

It's pretty simple but theres a lot of plastic stuff so just take it slow and be careful

The MIA Tech article on 1995.5 - 2004 dash take-apart instructions has been salvaged and re-posted as a new reference thread within Interior:

'95.5 - '04 Dash Take-Apart Instructions (TECH SALVAGE)

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode