Who's runnin the Speed Freek BBK!?!? POST PICS!!!! - Page 2 - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
ADMlNAHATER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Who's runnin the Speed Freek BBK!?!? POST PICS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footinmouth View Post
How do I get in touch with Mr. Freek about the BBK ?
Pm Jason.... Speed Freek

Matos mite be right tho, but it doesn't hurt to ask..

I think there mite have been more demand if he put it out there more.
With speciality custom parts like these, you gadda jump in there if you want em, because before you know it.... Gone.. Credit card ftw!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chris, keep taking pictures for a proper how-to. Im amazed at the lack of how-to's on this forum.
#13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Tacoholic

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzu View Post
Chris, keep taking pictures for a proper how-to. Im amazed at the lack of how-to's on this forum.
X2 on that. If Jason doesn't bring back his BBK, I plan to machine one once I finish school and I'll do a how to on the entire process from manufacture to install.

QA1 First 100 club "Clone me out cah me nah poppy show"
#14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I thought that he said he wouldn't produce these anymore as well ... but in a later post i believe he said he could do 3 sets at a time as long as they were pre-paid for. but like the other guys have already said, i doesn't hurt to ask.

ANY1 have 01-04 clear corners fpr sale? PM me
#15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Tacoholic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_w3rd View Post
I thought that he said he wouldn't produce these anymore as well ... but in a later post i believe he said he could do 3 sets at a time as long as they were pre-paid for. but like the other guys have already said, i doesn't hurt to ask.
Might want to get a hold of ncook21...he made a bbk kit as well and I think for cheaper.

BOOSTED 2RZ @ 434hp 368tq @ 18PSI/ OEF 10-11
#16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Tacorvette enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatosTaco View Post
X2 on that. If Jason doesn't bring back his BBK, I plan to machine one once I finish school and I'll do a how to on the entire process from manufacture to install.
I am sure plenty of people would really love that! I need to go through my pics to try and put something together if I can figure out where they are, I have too many pics scattered all over....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_w3rd View Post
Yeah, I was having a friend who worked at a machine shop make the parts for me, I would like to just get a batch made locally and just have them on hand, however the cost was far more than I expected and needed to get a batch of 10 made at once to be cost effective anywhere in my area.

But still need to check into more shops to see what I can find, gotta be something more affordable than the other places I found last year.

I would really like to make a bunch and just be able to sell them whenever people want one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671taco View Post
Might want to get a hold of ncook21...he made a bbk kit as well and I think for cheaper.
Yep. he did. It used some rotors from another application that needed to be redrilled to our lug pattern, but I dont really know all the details on what calipers, etc. But I know he had a kit that was less money as an option as long as having the get the rotors redrilled isnt a major hassle for you, or maybe have a set already redrilled for when you need them so no down time? So probably not too bad.

Mine, if I can produce more, uses all Willwood components that can be replaced without modification and can be ordered from Summit racing pretty much next day if you need pads, or new rotors. I just have the cheaper rotors (standard vented, no slots) on my setup still, and it will stop my truck just fine and I have a V8 under the hood. Or at least it will stop the tires even if the truck is still moving, so its more than enough stopping power for our vehicles.

But It all comes down to availability, if I dont have any kits on hand then his kit is the way to go, lol. I am going to check into some more shops in the next couple of weeks and see if I can find another machinist that is more affordable than the previous.

I stopped making them due to the everything being so difficult at the time, but I will see what I can do, I am sure I could sell quite a few if I actually tried to market them, which I really didnt do too much of back then. I had lots of interest, but when I was ready to start making them very few people were ready to purchase, which is understandable since money doesnt grow on trees and the economy isnt exactly flourishing at the moment....just the way it goes.

I wanna keep you guys all dialed in if I can.

BOOST BRIGADE I fabricate custom parts: HEIM STYLE STRUT RODS, FORWARD FACING INTAKE MANIFOLDS, and TRACTION BARS (5 LUG) contact me for more info @ www.Speed-freek.com or just PM me here THANKS!
Former Lexus / Toyota tech
#17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 PM
ADMlNAHATER

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Jason,

You made your kit obtainable for the average Joe because they didn't have to drop a G all in one shot.

I bought your bracket adapters, then took my time sourcing the rotors, calipers and pads..

I really do appreciate it!

Thanks!

#18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey SpeedFreek, count me in if you mock up a new setup
#19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Addict

Same here, if I can buy the important parts [ machined adapters ] asap then get the other parts at summit when the money starts to fall off the tree. Count me in , I'll even pre pay for the first off the line -John
#20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Tacorvette enthusiast

First off, thanks Chris, much appreciated, did my best to make it affordable and also high quality.

And to the interested parties I will see what i can do and get another larger run of these kits (with the proper radius on the brackets!)

Ill keep ya posted on the situation.

BOOST BRIGADE I fabricate custom parts: HEIM STYLE STRUT RODS, FORWARD FACING INTAKE MANIFOLDS, and TRACTION BARS (5 LUG) contact me for more info @ www.Speed-freek.com or just PM me here THANKS!
Former Lexus / Toyota tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode