Mean Green hi output alternator fuse source - Page 3 - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Re: Mean Green hi output alternator fuse source

Depending on which wire was broken, that might explain everything ...

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Gaia View Post
Depending on which wire was broken, that might explain everything ...
It ended up being the middle red 'ignition' wire on the 3-wire plug going into the alternator. I checked all the fuses and then pulled that section of harness off the truck and started testing for continuity, found ol red to be broken, and with the skillful helping hands of SMCdonn soldered in a replacement ... Charging commenced! However, I believe that there may have been damage done to my IAC motor during the ordeal. I'm still having high idle issues; it's not idling quite as high, but still isn't right. I've checked everywhere for vacuum leaks without any luck. My boost/vac gauge is reading approx 2inches more vacuum at idle than it should, and it's referenced to the little vacuum diaphragm tubing on the side of the throttle body.
#23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)

I had forgotten about this thread. Maybe this update will save some future people from the headache and frustration I went through. I just wanted to say attempting to buy an alternator from Mean Green is a joke. Don't waste your time. I didn't get a working product, and had to file a dispute with my credit card company when they failed to exchange for working product, and would not refund my money.
#24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)

I did source a company by the name of Ohio Generator. They offered a product at the same price point, looked, and performed just as advertised. I couldn't be happier.
#25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

From what I've seen over the years, Ohio Generator is an established company that gets good reviews for their products. Their name doesn't come up often, but I don't think I've ever read a horror story about their products or service.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode