Turbo 3rzfe injectors and ecu? - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Turbo 3rzfe injectors and ecu?

I recently turbocharged my 3rz and rebuilt the whole motor bored .030 over w/ lc street pistons headgasket and arp studs. brand new head. Right now im running 8psi but would like 12.

I deleted the cat and have the spark plug non fouler trick done. Now my o2 is reading .02v and i think is the reason for a random re ocuring Lean code.

Obviously i need to upgrade my fuel system

Megasquirt looks like the way to go but which one? I dont see a megasquirt for a 02 taco.

what about injectors? Seems like 550s would work. Were could i find some that would work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Tacoholic

Re: Turbo 3rzfe injectors and ecu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jh42089 View Post
I recently turbocharged my 3rz and rebuilt the whole motor bored .030 over w/ lc street pistons headgasket and arp studs. brand new head. Right now im running 8psi but would like 12.

I deleted the cat and have the spark plug non fouler trick done. Now my o2 is reading .02v and i think is the reason for a random re ocuring Lean code.

Obviously i need to upgrade my fuel system

Megasquirt looks like the way to go but which one? I dont see a megasquirt for a 02 taco.

what about injectors? Seems like 550s would work. Were could i find some that would work?
As of right now there is no "plug and play" option for the tacoma for megasquirt. What I had done was order a URD patch harness for my year and then had someone with wiring experience wire it up to the Megasquirt 3 that I bought.

550 injectors seem to be what people choose for 15ish psi. I found some remanufactured and flow tested ones on ebay for the 2rz/3rz.

Need some ideas? Come see my build [/URL].
#3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

you are not getting a lean code from your REAR O2 sensor...that is for catalyst efficiency only, nothing to do with fuel trims.

have you upgraded your fuel pump yet?

and if you wanna go above 8 psi you are gunna HAVE TO HAVE injectors larger than stock(im not sure of the stock size for the 3rz...what color are yours?)

I like Toyotas.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

he prolly has browns
#5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM

(Thread Starter)

The injectors look orange/pinkish. I have a walbro in tank pump that havent put in because i was under the impression that the stock pump could put out more than the stock injectors could.

Soo the megasquirt 3 is the way to go?
#6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jh42089 View Post
The injectors look orange/pinkish. I have a walbro in tank pump that havent put in because i was under the impression that the stock pump could put out more than the stock injectors could.

Soo the megasquirt 3 is the way to go?
yeah i think my stock pump is starting to give out, anything over 6 psi and my sh!t gets lean...new fuel pump is the next upgrade, and i also got some injectors out of 7MGTE supra for 85 bucks...440cc i believe.

I like Toyotas.
#7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Re: Turbo 3rzfe injectors and ecu?

So after reading this thread.. Whats your guys opinion on my setup. My mechanic says that im only good for 3-4psi right now with 440cc injectors..

My setup---I have my 440cc injectors installed with my walbro 255 and aeromotive FPR. MAP-ECU3 etc. ( not bottom end work yet -- Stage 2 soon to come)

He says the 440cc Injectors (mitsubishi) i have are only good for 3-4 psi??? pshhhh whatttt? i wanna be able to hit 7psi at least. I had 550cc injectors (rx7) but the spray pattern wasnt optimum he said...
Your opinions?

My ulitmate goal is to be at 12-15psi after stage 2 but right now i want to be at the ~7psi range. What injectors would you recommend to run at 12-15psi? Can i buy bigger injectors now and just run them at a lower duty cycle % ??

Any advice is appreciated guys.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

he's wrong.

I ran 8 psi on blue tops (265cc-ish) and was still 11.5:1 at max boost.

You can calculate easily how much fuel flow you will need for a specific horsepower...440cc/min for 4 cylinders should get you up to about 250 or so

I am running 600cc injectors and i push around 65% duty cycle at 14.8 psi. Yes you can run larger injectors, standalones will adjust the pulsewith at 100% ve based on the max flow rating.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Actually.. on second thought..He may be right if you wanna supply fuel to your setup correctly.. I think the 440cc will work fine for most, but I am a optimum type of guy so i decided to look into his reasoning..

Check out this calculator. I think this may just put the final nail in the coffin to the debate lol..

injector size calculator--
http://witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4

According to this calculator, the 440cc injectors would be good up to 215HP at 80% duty cycle @ a BSFC of 0.625 (BSFC is .625 for turbo)

So for my goal of around ~350 Hp would be 717.8 cc sized injectors or bigger.(running at 80% duty and 0.625 BSFC)

Damn.. looks like im calling luis for the $99 fuel rail and just go from there. Just remembered the 3rz stock fuel rail is only good for 550cc?? correct me if im wrong... lol damn it. MORE MONEY MORE PROBLEMS!!
#10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Grand Tacoholic

pm 671Taco-he has a friend that did his megasquirt and I think he offered it as a package deal before.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode