2RZ/3RZ Catch can thread.....SHOW EM!!!!! - Page 3 - CustomTacos.com Forum
User Tag List

#21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2RZ/3RZ Catch can thread.....SHOW EM!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatic1 View Post
make sure the top on the catch can is removable..
A quick cruze through ebay showed once you get to cans that have removable tops, your getting close to the already baffled can price.

I put baffles in my free-be can I got from a friend a long time ago- I guess in my younger days I enjoyed a days worth of DIY, JB Weld, runs to home depot etc. Now... psssh, I'll spend another $15-20 to get the thing properly built from the start.

3.4, TRD S/C, TokenSolutions 5vzfe tuning package {TS Plug'n'Play AEM FIC, TS 550cc injectors, TS 190LPH pump, 170stat, 2step colder iridium}. TS PWMC water/meth module, TS PNP HKS DLI, Hayden tranny cooler, 2.2 Pulley--- With larger pump- E85 here I come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Addict

The 3.4 TRD S/C only requires a single can, as the PCV to intake manifold never sees boost, it will always be capable of venting fumes even while in boost. I took this explanation and use a single can on my taco, a dual can on the IS300 from the TS site. There are also the ebay type cans there, and the uber bad-ass and blingy 42 draft designs. I saw some cans at SEMA I'd like to offer, but its pretty low on the to-do list as the selection is already very thorough.

Bleh, one could go into further detial, and there are sites with pictures and explanations on PCV internal design and how it regulates flow etc, but this should get anyone caught up to as why one uses X can, and why they have it plumbed Y way.[/QUOTE]

pic's of the 3.4 set up? i dont have a can,,,,, can you dum it down also, running a filter on the pcv valve like every other ricer is bad for the oil

OO SR5 Tacoma 3.4 5lug slopomatic , TRD S/C, TRD headers,TRD cat - exhaust, URD 2.1 pulley, URD FTC & AFR calibrator, 2jz injectors, 255 fuel pump, IK24 spark plugs, 170 thermostat, AEM guages, homemade methonal injection, homemade rear 02 sim, sprk adv. 20+
#23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Addict

^^ That quote thing didn't work...

Quote:
can you dum it down also, running a filter on the pcv valve like every other ricer is bad for the oil
Nice break down lol. I guess the rest of the break down is: No baffle- for race car in a vent to atmosphere setup- or ricer underhood bling. Baffles- street car.

I'll get pics shortly. Its next to the cruise control box on the passenger side, intercepting the plumbing from the PCV valve over the exhaust cam cover passenger side, that goes into the barb just post TB.

What you catch? Here are some google pics:

This one didn't even have baffles, would have caught lighter colored crud if it had, it only caught heavy drops of oil

Mmmm MMmmm good.

That Greddy on the top caught a little dark fluid, just like the Greddy/copy on the bottom caught also. Cans with baffles catch more thoroughly and get the milky mixture, and a lot more quantity.

Here is what a Michi can caught

Thats all the crap that would just condense back into the oil if you do a vent to atmosphere setup (as very little actually vents to atmosphere), or what goes into your combustion process in OE configuration.

3.4, TRD S/C, TokenSolutions 5vzfe tuning package {TS Plug'n'Play AEM FIC, TS 550cc injectors, TS 190LPH pump, 170stat, 2step colder iridium}. TS PWMC water/meth module, TS PNP HKS DLI, Hayden tranny cooler, 2.2 Pulley--- With larger pump- E85 here I come.

Last edited by BlackSportD; 11-11-2011 at 03:43 PM.
#24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Addict

And leave it to some BMW owner to make the Flux Capacitor of catch can systems:

Put a "Mr. Fusion" into the rig and blam, your time traveling Marty McFly style.

Thread HERE

#25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Addict

Got it from HERE

I had one of those BIG Greddy Blue fakes that was an eye sore in my stealth OE like engine bay (NRG has black ones but they come at the NRG price tag). The blue can did alright as I spent a lot of time getting mesh and scrap together, cut, put holes, attach etc to make some baffling. This can is good to go from the start and I expect to catch even more fluid between oil changes.

#26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
ADMlNAHATER

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

bump!

Keep those pics coming!

#27 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
StepSIde

Anyone else?

2"/3" Drop~Black Headlights,Bumper&Clears~Custom Intake~MonoMax All Around~Pioneer DVD Player~Rockford T1 12 in a Custom Box~Infinity 1600watt Amp~Kicker Tweets&Mids~Custom Shift Knob~Rhino Liner~ Konig Stampede Wheels
#28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 02:33 PM

I'm gonna resurrect this thread with a new, somewhat related question.

How are you guys blocking off the oddly large throttle body ports?

My 3rz is in an offroad buggy, & hydro locking the engine after a short stint on it's side far trumps any normal PCV systems benefits. I'm looking for a decently clean way of blocking it off though. (So no "shove a pipe plug in a hose" answers please )
#29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM

I've seen vacuum caps in various colors, up to 1/2" and occassionally I see them for 5/8" ports. Can you not find any or would that not suit your needs?
#30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 PM

Haven't seen one yet in 5/8, but hadn't really searched much til you said that.

Found a pack of 10 on fleabay for 7.99, guess that problem solved easy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode