1gr-fe stock rwtq rwhp - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1gr-fe stock rwtq rwhp

Hey I did a dyno on my 4.0l and got 214.82 rwhp and 229.66 rwtq.
I never got a stock dyno and was wondering what is the stock rwtq rwhp average.
Also was wondering if 214.82 rwhp and 229.66 rwtq is the avg gain for a 4.0l engine with jba shorty headers, 63 series k&n cai, and 14in magnaflow muffler. Because the tq increase doesn't seem correct .
I did the dyno on a dynojet research by vaca performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Tacoholic

Re: 1gr-fe stock rwtq rwhp

Dynos vary soooo much its hard to really compare one to another.

But on an average I've seen most stock dynos in the 180-210rwhp range, with 220-240rwtq.

Looks like you picked up some power up top, but not much in your low-mid range (where you're peak torque will happen). But that's not to say that you didn't move your peak torque down or up.

Do you have the graph to post?

ET: 13.38 - MPH 106.8 - stock boost/street tires...still faster then balboa's $60k XR
#3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have my stock XRunner dyno listed on here in power and torque on a DynoJet.

Power

http://www.urdusa.com/images/URDMKIIPWa.jpg

Tq

http://www.urdusa.com/images/URDMKIITQa.jpg

The DynoJet is the best dyno for comparing different trucks in different locations. It has the greatest level of consistancy from one dyno to another due to its overly simplistic design.

My first dyno was at 500 miles and it printed 205 RWHP. Later on the same dyno with about 15,000 miles on it printed 209. Those were done in MD The same truck in stock configuration in California again on a DynoJet printed 207 RWHP. That same day we dynoed a stock 4th Gen 4Runner and it printed 209 RWHP. I dynoed my 4th Gen 4Runner all stock back in MD and it printed 204 RWHP. So as you can see two different DynoJets were very consistent on the same vehicle and same type of vehicle at different sides of the country. You can't get this kinds of consistency with other dyno types like DynaPac or DynoDynamics, and forget Mustangs...

The best course is to get a very good before dyno before you start modding and tuning, then keep using the same dyno for retests as you progress through your mods to see where you are improving and where you are not. The before dyno on your own truck is very important so you can see what the improvements are on your truck with your combination of mods and tuning.

G
#4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Back in Black

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycerran View Post
Hey I did a dyno on my 4.0l and got 214.82 rwhp and 229.66 rwtq.
I never got a stock dyno and was wondering what is the stock rwtq rwhp average.
Also was wondering if 214.82 rwhp and 229.66 rwtq is the avg gain for a 4.0l engine with jba shorty headers, 63 series k&n cai, and 14in magnaflow muffler. Because the tq increase doesn't seem correct .
I did the dyno on a dynojet research by vaca performance
Royce, Get with Gadget he is the tuning pro. Do not let anybody but a pro in tuning give you advice and certainly do not let some of these young kids tune it for ya unless you want to be looking for a motor. http://www.urdusa.com/index.php URD has many performance products. I myself have many of them and can testify in the court of law that they are quality products. Let us help ya to get your HP/TQ up above 300.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post

But on an average I've seen most stock dynos in the 180-210rwhp range, with 220-240rwtq.

Looks like you picked up some power up top, but not much in your low-mid range (where you're peak torque will happen). But that's not to say that you didn't move your peak torque down or up.

Do you have the graph to post?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10da14w.jpg (57.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Enola Gaia; 01-29-2010 at 08:44 AM.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Back in Black

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Royce he means dynos vary sooo much as well as conditions.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Tacoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
I have my stock XRunner dyno listed on here in power and torque on a DynoJet.

Power

http://www.urdusa.com/images/URDMKIIPWa.jpg

Tq

http://www.urdusa.com/images/URDMKIITQa.jpg

The DynoJet is the best dyno for comparing different trucks in different locations. It has the greatest level of consistancy from one dyno to another due to its overly simplistic design.

The best course is to get a very good before dyno before you start modding and tuning, then keep using the same dyno for retests as you progress through your mods to see where you are improving and where you are not. The before dyno on your own truck is very important so you can see what the improvements are on your truck with your combination of mods and tuning.

G
X2 air pressure, temp, humidity all affect dyno readings, due to differences in air density and o2 content

I plead the 5th, unless copping to the crime is of my benefit...
#8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 PM

(Thread Starter)

Thanks guys apreciate the feedback, and yea I've thought of getting urd maf calibrator or apr
x-1, but i don't want to mess up the engine if it's installed wrong or put strain on the engine. But might do it a few years down the road when the trucks paid off
#9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Tacoholic

Roy if your gonna wait why do it. You'll enjoy your truck from100,000 to 135,00 than you'll tire of alternators and water pumps going out and than sell it. Do it now and enjoy the whole trip. The X1 can be as conservative or as agressive as you like. And xrunnit was exactly right. They vary so much that it's not even worth comparing. And let alone the weather type changes. But if you want the most of your mods get the X1. I didn't see a worthwhile difference in performance till I got the maf Cali and wow what a diff. But the X1 is a much more advanced piece of equipment and can be adjusted for anything you throw at it. S/C without a flash etc etc. And like balboa said leave the tuning to the pros. It's advanced enough that if you don't know what your doing you can pop your motor. Just because you know how to do a bench press doesn't mean you can bench 500lbs. Well the X1 is a ton of variables. Also most people won't see a gain in performance with a exhaust. Usually neutral HP but a loss in tq. But the more air you start to flow the more that high flow exhaust will start improving. And with the jba's they're tourqey Lil fellas. I love mine and they got rid of resonation and quieted her down while cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
yes you are one of the pioneers. [/B]
#10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 02:40 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkys tacoma View Post
Roy if your gonna wait why do it. You'll enjoy your truck from100,000 to 135,00 than you'll tire of alternators and water pumps going out and than sell it. Do it now and enjoy the whole trip. The X1 can be as conservative or as agressive as you like. And xrunnit was exactly right. They vary so much that it's not even worth comparing. And let alone the weather type changes. But if you want the most of your mods get the X1. I didn't see a worthwhile difference in performance till I got the maf Cali and wow what a diff. But the X1 is a much more advanced piece of equipment and can be adjusted for anything you throw at it. S/C without a flash etc etc. And like balboa said leave the tuning to the pros. It's advanced enough that if you don't know what your doing you can pop your motor. Just because you know how to do a bench press doesn't mean you can bench 500lbs. Well the X1 is a ton of variables. Also most people won't see a gain in performance with a exhaust. Usually neutral HP but a loss in tq. But the more air you start to flow the more that high flow exhaust will start improving. And with the jba's they're tourqey Lil fellas. I love mine and they got rid of resonation and quieted her down while cruising.
yea I see what you mean, if I wait later the engine won't be as strong for the x1. I don't know much about the maf Cali and x1. They are both a tune to make ur mods perform to the fullest capacity? And I can only have one or the other huh?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode