Performance Chip!!! - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Performance Chip!!!

What Performance Chips you guys recommend? Do you recommend any from ebay? Brands like White Lighting Performance Module, The Juice Box, Fuel Maxx, Chronic Power Chip, Pro Maxx Performance, Precision Engineered. Any Advice, I want to get a little more power, for cheap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I see what you did there

Re: Performance Chip!!!

dont work with our trucks....look up urd
#3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM
This Space For Rent

Power and cheap are mutually exclusive, you can have one or the other, not both. Those eBay chips are a ripoff, don't get one.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Tacoholic

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

sorry to be so brunt about this, especially if you havent quite learned to search around a bit here cause ur new

but the cheapest way of getting some power would be to park in your driveway and buy a poster of what it would look like driving fast and stick it in your window. Anything that's like a chip or something that claims to help you is total b/s...

there are some easy things you can do to notice either increased MPG or HP or both that arent bank breaking, so look around a bit, search, and you'll come up with some stuff!

Any of the basic naturally aspirated engine mods that allows for free'er air flow to start

BOOST BRIGADE
d'you think i should lose the vest?....Burn it.. what?
burn it, cause if you lose it, you might find it again...
#5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

the only two available are the URD and Unichip, i personally have a unichip and its treated me well, no complaints except i dont have a tuner in my area, they might still be having their garage sale, check out their site, they have dyno's and lots of info http://www.unichip.us/index.asp#GarageSale
#6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
the only two available are the URD and Unichip, i personally have a unichip and its treated me well, no complaints except i dont have a tuner in my area, they might still be having their garage sale, check out their site, they have dyno's and lots of info http://www.unichip.us/index.asp#GarageSale
what kind of power or milage gains have you seen? i would like to know/hear from someone who has one before i drop several hundered dollars
#7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
jlirish

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Cheap power... If you have stock airbox & filter, do deckplate mod ($?), then try K&N filter (about $40).. If you're not concerned about lots of wet getting in, cut a huge hole in the front of the airbox (that'll let some air in)..

BTW> not kidding.. I dropped a K&N in the box, then cut nearly the entire front wall off the box... not a bad improvement for $40 + an hour's labor. The rubber matting on the side was an addon I did to help prevent hot air.. did not change anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mydeckplate.JPG (36.1 KB, 36 views)
#8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaml01 View Post
what kind of power or milage gains have you seen? i would like to know/hear from someone who has one before i drop several hundered dollars
I've done my milage a few times and it always comes to right around 20 MPG, with a good mix to city and highway, as far as power im not sure of the actual numbers but i definately felt it. i'd like to get a dyno but they are just too expensive

i think they have a return policy if your not satisfied, the only downsides are i have to run premium right now and there are no tuners in my area like i stated before, hopefully whenever the new powerflux module comes out it will take care of some of those issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode