User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Squeaky Clutch Fix - Hopefully!

I thought I'd pass along my clutch fix since it seems to be a common problem. I think finding the cause is such a pain because its so hard to get down under the dash and see whats going on! Anyhow after spraying different lubricants on the springs and pivot mechanisms it would be ok for about a day but the noise would come back. So I'm down under there again and notice there is grease near the piston that pushes on the back of the pedal. I move it around with my finger and there was no improvement. So I lift the pedal up and push the grease underneath and low and behold she is finally silent! I sure hope it lasts too because I've about lost my patience. You would think a company with Toyota's reputation they could engineer a clutch pedal. Its been 3 days and so far soo good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Addict

Re: Squeaky Clutch Fix - Hopefully!

Nice! I have a squeeky clutch too, but mine is somewhere where the fork thing enters the clutch. I'm afraid to spray any lubricant in there because I'm not sure how it will effect the clutch. Oh well, if I don't want to hear it, I just roll up my window. lol

Eat...Sleep...Drive!

#3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Veteran

Squeaky clutch sufferer here too. Keep us up to date on how well it works. What grease and do you have pics of where exactly to grease? That would be helpful. Thanks bro!
#4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)

I just used the existing grease that was already there. What looks like happened was the movement moved the grease to the edges and thus the mating point went dry. It was hard to notice because I had to really wegde myself in there to see on the backside of the clutch pedal. I think it would be hard to get a picture but if you run your hand on the backside of the clutch pedal and start going up, the first thing your hand hits is where the squeak is coming from. Lift the pedal out and push the grease underneatch.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast

http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mecha...tchBushing.htm
#6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rpete View Post
I just used the existing grease that was already there. What looks like happened was the movement moved the grease to the edges and thus the mating point went dry. It was hard to notice because I had to really wegde myself in there to see on the backside of the clutch pedal. I think it would be hard to get a picture but if you run your hand on the backside of the clutch pedal and start going up, the first thing your hand hits is where the squeak is coming from. Lift the pedal out and push the grease underneatch.
I'll give it a try, but if it was "pushed," then won't it get pushed back again?
#7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Enthusiast

what the news on this as a fix? Mine truck is starting to do it and its driving me crazy... has anyone come up with new solutions? dont' really want to take it to the dealer if i can fix it myself....

#8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 03:23 AM
XXX
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathyou View Post
dont' really want to take it to the dealer if i can fix it myself....
Why not? It's a TSB and it's under warranty!

#9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntaco View Post
Nice! I have a squeeky clutch too, but mine is somewhere where the fork thing enters the clutch. I'm afraid to spray any lubricant in there because I'm not sure how it will effect the clutch. Oh well, if I don't want to hear it, I just roll up my window. lol
You can spray lubricant there just fine, only it will not last very long. Get a grease gun and pump grease on where the pivot pin makes contact with the fork, working the clutch in between pumps. Pull off the boot and shine a light in there, and you will see it. Mine has been squeak free form almost 5 years.

"I contend that for a Nation to Tax itself to prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle!" ---Winston Churchill

#10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Tacoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX View Post
Why not? It's a TSB and it's under warranty!
TRUE! i took mine to the dealer and they fixed mine up! its been a few months now and it hasn't come back one bit (knock on wood)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode