Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

my truck is telling me something..

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  spyder041 
#1 ·
so i was planning on going to NJ state inspection yesterday..went to the end of my street and my drivers blinker(front) went out..thought i popped a bulb so i replaced it..come to find out that the white wire corodded(sp) off..so now i need to find a new one..anyone have any ideas? im thinking of hitting up a junkyard tomorrow as long as its nice..if its nasty, im going to Sema:D

#3 · (Edited)
i
heres where the wire should go, in that hole on the bottom...not anything sticking out to re-join it back together

took it all apart, and the wire is broken in the little rubber grommet inside the socket. I have to replace the bulb socket which is unavailable from toyota unless i buy the wiring harness for 1K from the stealer..SOo..i think im gonna hit up a junkyard tomorrow and rob one from a 4runner that i know is sitting there and hope its the same one..if that dosent work, i dont know what to do

edit: i can get pics to show what im talking about

broken wire

#6 ·
well i fixed it..went to pep girls and bought a socket for up to a 94 and it worked for now..it dosent lock in the signal housing. Im gonna go see if i can get one from a junkyard in a bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.