Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ray City, GA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
ok so ive got more to add to the puzzle...
1) i can get it into first and second as long as i am at a stand still and go to reverse first.
2) SOMETIMES i can get it into second with out stopping, but maybe 1 in 10 attempts, and i have to be traveling really slowly
3) i noticed today that when in first gear at a dead stop the clutch seems "shorter"...i know before i said that the clutch seemed fine, but now it does not.
4) if i am rolling slowly in first gear and clutch to the floor (stop and go traffic on base) the truck will roll to a stop and rock back and forth about twice before actually stopping. i thought i was in some sort of a dip at first, but it did this at least three times, and i could duplicate it on demand.
5) after experiencing the above which i thought was really weird, i went to neutral and let the clutch out and the truck slow creeped forward, not enough to rearend someone, but enough to notice it.
6) shifting from first to second sometimes is really clunky and the gears grind slightly.
7) if i am cruising in third, slow speeds ~15mph, and push the clutch in to pull it out of 3rd gear it acts like it doesnt want to come out, but with enough force it will.
with everything i have described above, it seems like a combo of things, maybe clutch AND synchros...this very well could be the case
the plan right now is to, while i am gone, try and find a tranny out of a supra. Hey 671, what year did yours come out of? didnt the bellhousing just swap right over? different clutch required or anything? i hope my clutch hasnt crapped out, i just put that thing in and it was ~400 dollars...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Auto trans problems||toyotaman426||Performance||10||05-16-2011 05:00 AM|
|4x4 trans problems||Fluffmagruff71||Off Road||4||09-20-2008 11:56 PM|
|Lowered with trans/driveshaft problems?||S-rUNnKiD||1995.5-2004||9||06-21-2008 09:38 PM|
|So, you think you're good @ heel & toe downshifting?||Rad||Off Topic||20||11-27-2006 11:37 AM|
|problems with auto trans||theELMcompany||1995.5 - 2004||1||01-08-2004 11:35 PM|