User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Tacoholic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ebay brakes?

alright so ive put more than 100k on my truck since ive owned it and never seemed to wear out the brakes? im not sure how thats possible since i do alot of stop and go. anyways i got my tax refund and im just going to get all new rotors/drums,pads/shoes and hoses for peace of mind.
im not really expecting better braking,and i know its a bit ricer but this seems like a good deal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-KIT-PERFORMANCE-DRILLED-AND-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-POWERSTOP-CERAMIC-PADS-/390411249113?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DS IC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D39 0402515021%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8064353333560261904
my only concern is the quality of the rotors,says they are made by kinetic. has anyone had any experience with this kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Grand Tacoholic

Re: ebay brakes?

ever since day one of joining this forum ive only read bad things about drilled brake rotors...everything that ive read says stick with slotted only, the drilled rotors sometimes crack after some time of use because they arent drilled properly or something along those lines...just a thought to keep in mind

and to answer your question, No, i have never heard anything about Kinetic, but have heard nothing but good things about EBC brakes

QA1's and BJ Flip up front, Drop leafs and beefed blocks out back, Celica Seats, decent sound system w/some 10's, W58 swap, 3.73 gears w/Detroit True Trac. Boost Brigade Since APR 2012, Member of the NO BOV Club!...CH-CH-Ch-Ch-ch-ch
#3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Tacoholic

(Thread Starter)

thanks,my main concern was cracking, i also hear good things about ebc but their prices are kinda high and im not really looking for too much bite, i lock up the tires more often than i wish..but i would like less fade
after reading this
http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension...fferences.html
i bought the ebay kit. ill keep my solid rotors for backups if the new ones crack. well see how it goes i guess
#4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Looks to be the same thing I got from AutoAnything. Nothin but happy with mine, going on a year or so now, and I abuse them pretty much all the time here in the mountains. I was always melting my stockers, but these have never faded or smoked out once and still look to have alot of life left.

Diverse-Customs.com
#5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 PM

Drill holes or slots are not necessary at all, so don't consider it when choosing rotors. The important thing is that the rotor metal is not inferior quality. Cheap rotors will warp and wear down quickly. How can you tell the difference? I don't know. There are many cheap Chinese rotors on the market to avoid. Stock rotors are good, but the auto parts stores want like $40 to machine them. It's almost worth just getting new ones.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Grand Tacoholic

I'm probably at about $30k miles on my StopTech rotors (drilled and slotted). brake pads are still good. No problems with them at all.
I will say again, my stock rotors and every set of pads i ever tried on them would burn down on me (again, I live in the mountains and it's like a race track with all the turns).
I guess it also depends on your personal use and intentions.

I drive it like I stole it.

Diverse-Customs.com
#7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Tacoholic

Check these out, Stop Tech, EBC, Power Slot.

http://stores.ebay.com/Kuruma-Motori..._sid=131437714

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode