User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Leer Cap 3rd Brake Light Lens

Does anyone know where I can pick up a red lens for the third brake light for a Leer cap?

I bought an XQ100 a few months ago and it came with a clear lens....... it looks strange with the other tails being red.

I contacted Leer thru their website last week, but so far no response from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Re: Leer Cap 3rd Brake Light Lens

Your Leer lens is probably sourced from some third party. Pull off the clear lens and check for manufacturer mark and / or part number ...

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Leer Cap 3rd Brake Light Lens

I went through the same hell with the new clear brake light. American Technologies Components makes the lights for Leer so I called them. They sent me the new part number which they guaranteed was a red lens. Voila! Another clear brake light via UPS. I called them back and she said she would have to look into it. In the meantime, I found truckoutfittersplus online who had the exact light, with a picture, and which can be bought with an interior light, the "old-school pre-Obama" power consuming filament burning bulb which can actually allow you to see in the bed of the truck as opposed to the LED interior lights which suck. I bought two to have a spare. Reasonably priced and this new company swears they are red lenses. The brake light is still LED, which I like, but the interior is a bulb. Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode