4 door shortbed to longbed conversion (05+)? - CustomTacos.com Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
4 door shortbed to longbed conversion (05+)?

I do not have exact measurements so I can not say for sure but looking at images it seems as if the wheels are in the same place for the shortbeds and longbeds. The only difference appears to be that the longbed stretches farther back. Could a longbed simply be dropped on a shortbed frame? I understand I will have to extend out for the bumper but that is not an issue. The wheel placement is.

This is for an 05+ 4 door Tacoma. These seem hard to find in long bed, let alone with all the specs I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Re: 4 door shortbed to longbed conversion (05+)?

I don't think so ...

There's approximately 13" difference between the wheelbases for a 2005+ shortbed versus the longbed.

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
#3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: 4 door shortbed to longbed conversion (05+)?

All the ones in the pictures were long beds so I was comparing long bed to long bed. I googled an actual short bed and can definitely see the difference.

/Thread Closed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode