Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Looking for wheel/tire info or pics of 16s.

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Corey121 
#1 ·
I'm strongly considering putting 16x8 Cragar Soft 8s on my truck. Currently no drop, but likely a 3/4 drop soon.

The Soft 8s are 16" x 8" with 5" Backspacing (ET 13). They will stick out about 30mm more than stock wheels, so 1.18 (1 3/16) inches. I think the stock fenders on a 2004 can accommodate that with some fender rolling perhaps. Especially since I don't want to tuck them. I want more of a "drift truck" or "Motorsport" look.

I want a tire with a bit of sidewall, like a 215/60R16 maybe.

Does anyone have pics of a similar setup on their truck?

Wheel/tire/drop specs please.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm mostly trying to get the look of the truck with the black wheels, but with the wheels from the one with the chrome wheels.

I think they'll fit with some minor trimming and fender rolling as long as I don't go too low and use the right tires.

Just don't want to buy them and have seriously miscalculated...

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure at a 3-4 drop you could run almost anything and not hit your fenders... That being said, the truck with the chrome wheels looks like its at 4-5 in the front and 5-6 in the rear (drop) and the truck with black wheels looks to be a 3/4 drop. From experience i know that at a 3-4 drop you can run a 18x8.5 +30 with a 225/40/18 without issues. Now if you use that wheel/tire combo, the cragars should have 10-11mm more offset (stick out further, about .4inches). Now that being said, the 215/60/16's are going to be an inch taller than the 225/40/18's i compared them to, so that will definitely make a difference in rubbing issues. Hopefully this helps, i'm pretty sure my math on offset is correct, but it gets tricky when i try and compare tire sizes too.

#5 ·
I was looking @ the same set of rims but in the "dark-grey" look:

Guess you can't order a set in the offset that would work for a 2wd Tacoma.

Have you tried contacting the wheel manufacturer directly?

But for me, I have no intentions in "dropping" it- so I plan on going w/ a 235/60R16 tire.

Wanting to keep it close to the OE tire diameter as not to throw off the speedo...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.