Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Qa1 and 4x4 leaf help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dalton<3yotas 
#1 ·
New to the forums so bare with me.

Got an 01 regular cab with completely shot stock suspension. I'm hauling around 5-750 lbs a day and doing some spirited driving now and then. Friend who works at Lexus said if I just replaced all shocks and leafs etc it would run me about 1300$ even with his employee pricing.

Did about an hour or 2 of research and it seems like my best bet is 10" qa1s up front with an upgraded sway bar. Then replacing rear shocks and doing the 4x4 leaf swap and adding a sway bar?

My main goal is improved handling while still being able to haul around a decent amount. I don't want to lower the car more than 2 inches up front and maybe 2-3 in the rear.

Please give me your two cents if you've done any of these mods, or think I'm going in the wrong direction. I'm by no means a suspension expert so all advice and information welcome.

Thank you!!!

Also I can't find the part number for the qa1's for my truck... Help??

See less See more
#2 ·
those mods you listed will improve handling 13083083128% but honestly, in my opinion, the truck will still be too high with only 2 inches of drop, which i think will result in a lot of body roll. I have all of the mods you listed and my suspension in STIFF. I have zero body roll, but then again the pinch weld is only 3 inches from the ground. The rear sway bar makes the most difference.

edit: my suspension is incredibly stiff because i have swift springs in the front and helper coils in the rear. Without the rear helper coils and swift springs up front, the truck still handled great though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.