Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Flat Black Wheels w/New Tires: 18x7.5 +42, 225x40r18

12K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  taco on steiroids 
#1 ·
For sale: Flat Black universal 18x7.5 +42 wheels. Two tires are Kumo Ecstas and the other two are Milestars, both less than 1k miles. Wheels have some minor curb rash in a couple areas that have been slightly touched up and the paint is not smooth in all areas, but uniform. I've got too many sets of wheels in the garage.

Looking for something in the ballpark of $500.

Located in SoCal. Will ship, available for pickup, or will consider delivering if nearby.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I picked up wider wheels, went from 7.5 to 9" in the rear to solve some traction issues. I also have black steelies with drag radials.

I don't have any good pictures yet, truck's just been sitting in the garage. I was pretty happy with these old wheels and they served me well. Picked them up from another ctzen when I first lowered my truck and they do fit well on our trucks. I won 3rd place best truck at toyotafest 2011, 2nd in 2013 on those wheels lol.

Attachments

#11 ·
I cut the inside of the fenders in the rear, sheepishly hacked too much using a dremmel and cut the little support beam connecting the well liner to the bed so im getting some minor vibrations at cold start lol. Prob just use some body repair putty to connect them again..

Wheels still available. $400 cash takes em home w/ new rubber included!

#15 ·
USPS was a joke, they wanted like $120 per wheel/tire combo, granted there was still all the air in the tires... However, i was doing a bit of homework, found this amazing write-up:

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...0-how-properly-package-ship-tires-wheels.html

I bet we could figure out how to get shipping to $100 or less. PM me your address details, especially if you have a commercial address I can mail them to, and I'll go bring in a pre-packaged wheel and tire combo with air let out for an accurate price.

Thanks

#17 ·
I sent you a message, but just as an update: I spent some time with FedEx on the phone tonight. I asked how much to ship 4 pre-packaged boxes, each with the dimensions of 19x19x10 at 45 lbs per box from my zip code to yours, and was quoted $209.52.

It sounds like UPS will be cheaper than FedEx and if i ship ground to a commercial address, I can likely get it closer to $150 for all 4 wheels and tires shipped.

Before I go buy a bunch of packaging materials and spend the time driving to a UPS distribution center (avoiding the typical shipping stores that screw you over), i was hoping to find out how interested you are and how much you are able to spend on this. I can pitch in a bit for shipping costs and cover all materials, which would bring your cost to about $550 (or perhaps cheaper?...). Let me know if you're still interested.

Thanks,

Mike

#18 ·
I am still interested. Just keep me posted on the price, I have a little over $500 set aside to get some wheels and I could get probably get some more if necessary. I was saving for a new set but I was worried about pricey new low pro tires so this is perfect haha. I must have sent you the wrong number or something I never received your message. I've been getting on CT daily so I can do posts and messages if you want to just communicate that way.

#21 · (Edited)
Ok, so USPS confirmed $120/box, and FedEx quoted me $60. The UPS place i went to didn't work out, and I'm waiting to hear back from a friend's dad who works at FedEx Freight to see if he can help me out.

So far, the cheapest shipping would be $240 for all 4. That would make the final price $640 ($400 + 240).

I don't know how soon you want the wheels, but I may be able to find a cheaper route. Please PM me the warehouse address and I'll follow through with the FedEx freight guy and try a different UPS center, people are telling me UPS may be cheaper...?

I don't know if you have any connections, but what we're looking at is 4 boxes that are 50.5 lbs ea. and the dimensions are 24x24x11 with packaging. This is being shipped from 92614.

#22 ·
I'm in no rush really to get them, I plan on running my 14's through the winter anyway so they may just get stored for a while (probably will throw them on for a few weeks though new wheels are too exciting to not put on at least for a while haha:D).

I'd really like to get the price lower than that for sure but I know there's only so much that can be done. I don't really know anybody in the shipping business, much less anybody big enough to be able to pull weight in California haha.

I'll send a PM with my friend's commercial address after i type this, that should help with the shipping at least a little bit.

By the way, thanks for going to all this trouble for me man, not many would.:waytogo:

#23 ·
Hey man it's been a while and I haven't heard anything from you. Are you receiving my PM's? I've never gotten a reply to any of them so I was just unsure about whether they were getting through. I just wanted to post up to let you know I'm still interested haha

#24 ·
Sorry, I've been gone for the past week for work, just got back yesterday.

I never heard back from the FedEx Freight contact, since it sounds like their freight department won't ship if they know the tires are used instead of new (no friggen idea how that matters, they claim the tires could have contaminants that could spread to other shipments??). Essentially, i'm at a standstill with shipping prices. UPS and with the commercial address saved about 10 bucks a box, so $40 less.

I don't know if that's enough to seal the deal, but I'm going to drive all the way to Anaheim tomorrow to see if I can't figure out another way with the distribution center. I just have to make sure I get off work early enough to make it in time. Thanks for following-up!

#25 ·
OK, just got back from UPS. They told me $68/box. Then i reminded them its a commercial address and i just want the cheapest option, then he said $6 less for commercial, approx $2 less if i have my own UPS account and don't use the store's. So i'm back to $60/box.

Let me know what you think.

#26 · (Edited)
Man I really hate that I have to do this to you, but this last Saturday night I hit a deer and totaled my taco. I'm really sorry about this, I wish it hadn't worked out this way especially since you've been so helpful this whole time. If you need any spare parts for your truck that aren't damaged on mine, let me know, you'll have first dibs. Again, I'm really sorry that this had to happen like this, thank you for all you did for me anyway.

Attachments

#31 ·
They will definitely fit, especially with an 01 having the 4x4 style front fenders. I was dropped 7" on these wheels without issue. When I went to a 9.5" wide wheel is when I started rubbing on a much lower drop.

I have priced these wheels to sell. I bought them from another member on this very forum and they served me well. No point in trying to draw a profit on these, just need space in the garage, too many different sets >:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.