Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

2TR Turbo Complete Kit

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SlAMMEdtAC0 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I pulled the Turbo off my truck as I went with a truck with a little more room. I designed this as a complete bolt on kit. It was on a regular cab 4x4 so I know the midpipe would have to be lengthened for a longer cab but I'm not sure about 2WD. It is a low mount, but it is not a rear mount. The turbo basically sits right at the transmission bell housing. It utilizes the stock air box and stock muffler, and you could put your truck back to stock whenever you want, no cutting of the exhaust system. And it doesn't hang low! I spent much time to ensure it stayed tucked away neatly. I'll try and get pictures up of the complete setup but I'll go through what the kit consists of;

Bullseye 57 trim T3 turbo
Turbo manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate
Tial Q BOV
2.5" 304 Stainless Steel exhaust midpipe
2" Mild Steel piping for the cold side
Reverso Scavenging pump with bolt on bracket for cross member and 12v relay
Stainless return oil line with aluminum oil filler cap with return fitting
Stainless oil feed line for turbo, along with fittings to retain factory oil pressure switch
All couplings are frozen boost along with stainless clamps.

The only thing I can think of that you would need is possibly some vacuum tees or hose depending on where you want to tap the system for the BOV.

Again if you have a regular cab 4x4 this will bolt right on. You will have to extend the midpipe to the muffler if you putting it on an EX cab.

I ran the setup around 5lbs of boost and tried a piggy back but wound up just driving it on the stock ECU, didn't seem to have any issues but midrange I know it was a little lean.

Price for everything is $2k, and I'll pay to ship it to lower 48 states. If I forgot anything let me know.

Here is the build thread; http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140438&highlight=Turbo+2tr

See less See more
#2 ·
Alright guys, I pulled the Turbo off my truck as I went with a truck with a little more room. I designed this as a complete bolt on kit. It was on a regular cab 4x4 so I know the midpipe would have to be lengthened for a longer cab but I'm not sure about 2WD. It is a low mount, but it is not a rear mount. The turbo basically sits right at the transmission bell housing. It utilizes the stock air box and stock muffler, and you could put your truck back to stock whenever you want, no cutting of the exhaust system. And it doesn't hang low! I spent much time to ensure it stayed tucked away neatly. I'll try and get pictures up of the complete setup but I'll go through what the kit consists of;

Bullseye 57 trim T3 turbo
Turbo manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate
Tial Q BOV
2.5" 304 Stainless Steel exhaust midpipe
2" Mild Steel piping for the cold side
Reverso Scavenging pump with bolt on bracket for cross member and 12v relay
Stainless return oil line with aluminum oil filler cap with return fitting
Stainless oil feed line for turbo, along with fittings to retain factory oil pressure switch
All couplings are frozen boost along with stainless clamps.

The only thing I can think of that you would need is possibly some vacuum tees or hose depending on where you want to tap the system for the BOV.

Again if you have a regular cab 4x4 this will bolt right on. You will have to extend the midpipe to the muffler if you putting it on an EX cab.

I ran the setup around 5lbs of boost and tried a piggy back but wound up just driving it on the stock ECU, didn't seem to have any issues but midrange I know it was a little lean.

Price for everything is $2k, and I'll pay to ship it to lower 48 states. If I forgot anything let me know.

Here is the build thread; http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140438&highlight=Turbo+2tr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33JNhnvx0hM
Kelson needs to jump on this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.