Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

New (to me) Taco, tire rubbing issue.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chaoticsilentium 
#1 ·
I just bought an 06 DC SR5 and am absolutely thrilled with the vehicle. The previous owner took immaculate care of the vehicle and I'm thoroughly convinced that I may have got the deal of the century. One of the mods that he did was to put a leveling kit on it to bring the front end up level with the rear end. How far the front end was lifted I do not know, what I do know was that it was a suspension lift. He then put aftermarket 17" wheels on it with 285x75x17 inch BFG AT's. The rig looks sweet with the bigger meats however they rub on the mud flaps when the wheels are turned either direction. It rubs on the area of the flap where it attaches to the wheel well. Is there a remedy to this problem or are these tires simply too large for the vehicle? I'd consider taking the mud flaps off only after I've installed some sort of nerf bar to help protect the rocker panels from the rocks that the tires kick up. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Another concern is what will happen in an off-road situation where the suspension is traveling a large distance? Am I in danger of the wheels making contact with the actual wheel well? I'm sure I need to provide some more information specific to what type of leveling lift was put on it but I figured I'd see if there are any suggestions based on what information I can currently provide. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.