Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Eibach springs / custom springs

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  footinmouth 
#1 ·
I'm sending an eibach spring to a custom spring shop so they can check the rate and make me custom springs that would be around 500 lbs [ just my guess ] with an additional 1 to 1.5 drop . Track / street application. The cost will be around 250 for the set , they may drop the price if more people want some but I haven't asked yet . Let me know and we'll see how it goes . As far as I know the eibach springs [ discontinued ] are the only performance springs for our trucks .

#2 ·
Please be sure to post the results of the spring rate evaluation on the Eibachs. The exact Eibach spring rate has always been a subject of debate. :thinking:

#3 · (Edited)
Why not spend a little more and get an adjustable dampened coilover with the spring rate of your choice? :shrug:

Your still going to need a custom shorter shock that more than likely will not have adjustable dampening to go with that spring..

Factor in the price for those custom springs, then add the cost of custom shocks then call Luis @ Paradise Racing and see what kind of specials he's runnin. (humor me)

Your really not that far off from having QA1 coilovers.
Just sayin.. It's a night and day difference.

#4 ·
I have QA's in the stock pickup points in the front but had to grind some of the inside LCA and cut off the turn knob and make it a flat slot for adjustment . It can be adjusted without taking it off. The other set up I've seen on here is very nice . I own the shocks already . I'll let you know what the real spring rate is . I remember them telling me it was 427 or so .

#6 ·
I've had the qa's in since 06 and the coil over's were not around . I have a deal with qa and they will be sending me new shocks ,when I get the specs I'll pass the info on. The truck was set up for hpde track days/DD/ fast road driving when the coast is clear .Now that I have a van this truck will turn into a gutted, caged track/ road vehicle . Motor to come soon ,250 at the wheels will be the range I'll be shooting for . The truck also has a 1/8 thick aluminum cover with a 65 degree 5 inch spoiler .Nascar truck style but lower .

#10 · (Edited)
Those are just lowering springs, their not aimed towards performance..

I'd rather have copies of eibachs .75" drop
I'd rather run qa1 coilovers, had these have been a known option years ago, thats where I would have leaned towards because nothing else beats the performance (for my needs at least) Static < Adjustable :)

If you really like to yank the wheel and get on it, off the shelf drop spring and shock combo's are a waste of your time.

#13 ·
I'll take pics when it goes back together , All I did is cut off the adj. knob flush with the shock body and took a dremel to it because it was too close to the control arm. The shocks can be adjusted by rolling the truck up oil change ramps , once you get the truck to where you like it , it pretty much stays there . The backs you can just reach under .

#16 · (Edited)
Tack on the drop spindles onto mine also, havent installed em yet..
I'm waiting to do my wilwoods too while I'm in there.

What drop did thomas build ya? :)

You can't really count your time as money, hobbies don't usually pay hourly wages ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.