Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

need help with stock JBL system (upgrade in progress)

684 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  spikedTRD 
#1 ·
so in an effort to not cut my 2006 double cab into pieces, I ordered the stock JBL sub/amp/box that came in some of these tacos. no one at toyota could give me a definate answer whether or not my truck would have the wire harness already ran, but they told me that by my vin it was an option (unlike some trucks where it wasnt on option).
so I now have a special ordered electrical item, non refundable, and with the back half of my cab removed I have no wire harness ran.

they're gonna research it and see if the 200$ wire harness in the computer for the sub will fit my non JBL 6disc changer stereo.
can't (or don't know how) to find a stereo shop that will custom make a wire harness for this setup, there's 3 plugs required for this amp, (example, a 14 pin plug, a 10 pin plug, and a 4 wire plug), not the usual power/signal requirement.

anyone here played with this ****e before? anyone know the brand amp (i know JBL seems obvious, but it's unlabelded, maybe I can buy just the plugs and do the wiring myself), anyone want to buy the setup off of me to make this problem dissapear? is there an online parts fiche available for 06 tacos?

still think this is a good idea to maintain stock appeal and value, just need help making it work.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.