Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Help!!!

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  keakar 
#1 ·
My interior Lights behind my ac controls went out when I was messing with the black housing it goes in. Now they won't work again. Please help

#2 ·
Clues, please ...

What year / model Tacoma?

Are all the other dash lights working correctly?

What exactly were you doing with the HVAC panel / housing / whatever?

#3 ·
My bad Enola ! Any 99 Tacoma all the other dash lights work instead of the two ac ones. I was taking apart the dash to put LEDs in place but I had the wrong size LED (194 instead of 74) but anyway when I put the stock bulbs back now they don't work. I might have moved the black housing a certain way or something idk!

#5 ·
Have you moved the dimmer / rheostat through its entire range to double-check whether the HVAC lamps ever light up? If not - do so. It could be a clue.

Here (attached) is the '99 dash illumination wiring diagram. The two HVAC lamps are on the same circuit(s) as a number of other lamps. It's hard to see how the HVAC lamps alone would go out and leave everything else working normally.

Attachments

#8 ·
those things go out just by looking at them, taking them out or just jostling the control around was likely enough to break the filament in them so replace the bulb with the one from the ash tray to test it. if its not the bulb then you pinched the wire somewhere when you were messing with the control and you need to find the pinched wire and cut and reconnect it. its easy to break the wire inside them without cutting through the plastic covering so look for the tell tale bends of a pinched spot. if all else fails then tap into the wire for the ash tray and connect them to it, they are all running off of the same circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.