help me with my sub setup

830 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bleys21 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is my first post but I have been lurking for awhile now
So far in my taco I have things setup like this:

Headunit is an Alpine 9857
Fronts are alpine type-r components
amped with a RF P200-2 amp.
The rears are some kinda pioneer coax's that I dont really use.

on to my point..im planning on getting two elemental designs 13kv.2 subs and the NINe.1 amp.

I have been looking at box setups all over the internet and I am pretty sure I want something sealed, clean, but will still pound. Unless someone has an amazing vented design ill probably pass. (I like my music to sound good and loud..more focus on the good sound part)

I suck with wood so building my own is out of the question, but I have friends that can build me a box if I provide them with a design/specs.

How bad are these boxes?

Who else has some ideas for me?

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
yah that little tweeter in the door is sick..i got the box that goes in bween the seats in the back the kinda l-shaped box from there and it was great smelled kinda funny but its gone now..i was gonna get that box you were loookin at but i didnt wan to loose my back seats..but that site is really good, id stick with them

#4 ·
While I didn't get the 12" subs (I have a DoubleCab), I did buy the 10" version for mine from Supercrew, and it was done very nice...solid, sealed up nicely inside. Overall, I'm happy, since I didn't want to deal with the hassle of building my own box. The ED subs are pretty good on volume requirements (mine only has .5 cu ft per side, which matches the 11Kv.2 well) so you may be good to go using their 13Kv's with that setup. I know the 11Kv's pound something fierce (too much, really, I've been spending a lot of time lately trying to balance my new system out...)

Hope it helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.