Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

95.5-04 Qa1 coilover conversion

28K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Scotty55 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm wanting to do the qa1 coilover conversion on my 03 single cab. I saw that Beefedtaco has the mounting plates. But I'm in need of actual part numbers to know which qa1 coilovers to get. I go to the site and they don't offer Toyota parts. So I'm unsure what ones I need. PLEASE HELP

#2 ·
#17 ·
QA-1 shocks were in my 2001 and I had a lot of problems with the seals leaking ,I had them for about 3 years and they were rebuilt by QA- 2 times and another shock company out of jersey 2 times as well -I threw them out after spending lots of wasted money. They are more for short driven hot rods than a daily driver .

#18 ·
cornfarm,
Sorry to say you cannot have any “Side Load” on the shock! It needs to be centered otherwise you put excessive wear on the seals. I’m betting the front shocks had side load on them. It’s very common issue when side loads are put on an aluminum body shock and you are correct they are not a 100,000 mile shock.
I sure would like to see how these are mounted! Anyone have photos of these mounts you wait years for? I had mounts made for 2nd. Gens. Everyone was all hot to buy them until I had them made then I ended up losing a boat load because I paid the fabricator in advance. And I got hung out to dry. So I now refuse to have anything fabricated‼ Fabricators are funny they like to be paid.
Hay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.