Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Lowering Spindles

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Kapono_c 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find where I can buy lowering spindles for my 99 Tacoma pickup I dropped the front 2 inches and the rear 3inches but the front sits just a Lil higher..or if you got any tips that'll help

#2 ·
i have been searching myself, cant find em anywhere
there was a thread from few years ago, a guy was making them using factory spindles and altering them, but think he quit, messaged him about a month ago and also emailed him, and nothing
checked with bobby over at sadistic iron werks in california(he does a crap ton of toyota stuff) and he said he never messed with making any because there was really no need for them

as far as dropping front, i have read the balljoint flip, and coils together can get you as much as 6" drop, that obviously depending what coils you get, engine size and cab configuration..
what cab do you have?
engine size?
what did you use to drop front?

#7 ·
im doing balljoint flip, and coils in front.. believe it will be right around 5-5 1/2' drop(believe this is one reason some big companies didnt bother much with designing drop spindles)

coils can be swapped in(drop/lowering coils) pretty easily, and it not involve coilovers... however coilovers do normally offer better ride, and alot offer adjustability

as far as control arms, its either belltech or djm(cant remember) that offers them longer to keep wheel more upright for alignment purposes, not sure if they actually offer drop

#9 ·
as far as control arms, its either belltech or djm(cant remember) that offers them longer to keep wheel more upright for alignment purposes, not sure if they actually offer drop
'
I used DJM upper control arms in the past, look up part # K2895-3 or K2895-3/4

one is for 3" rear block with the kit and the other is a 4" rear block.

BellTech makes coils for the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.