Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Drift taco steering angle/ride height/sway bars

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RustyE 
#1 ·
Picked up a 2002 Tacoma and am ordering everything to get it ready for its first Round of drifting. Tons of questions, searching as I go.

Does the DJM 3/4 kit come with sway bar end links?

Are the DJM shocks any good? If not what should I get?

Is there a better drop I should be looking at?

Would like to upgrade sway bars, what are my options?

What are people doing for more steering angle on these trucks?

Also looking for poly lower control arm bushings and poly leaf spring bushings, where do I find then or should I be getting 4x4 leafs for more drop?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
the easiest way for more angle is tie rod spacers. With the djm suspension it will still be stupid soft. My advice, dont slide our trucks without a rear swaybar and a welded diff/some sort of lsd/locker. Disable your lock on the factory ebrake and start like that before you throw your hydro in (in my opinion this is the best way to learn).

#8 ·
As far as choosing among the aftermarket 'usual suspects' ...

The usual advice over the years has been "Addco on the front; Hellwig for the rear."

#11 ·
I put a Hellwig sway bar in the rear along with some Monroe gas shocks a while back. It's a 95.5 Tacoma xtra cab. It does two things. Goes straight fast and drifts. It drifts perfectly merging into the nearest lane of traffic with out missing a beat. If there is ANY water thinking about being on the road, I start driving like a granny. Knock on wood, I have not spun it like I had my old VW Bus. That was fun but a different story.

#13 ·
If you can locate an SRunner rear sway bar go with it. I love mine. Keep the 2wd leafs in, they are much stiffer than the 4wd leafs. If you want a cheap ghetto way of stiffening the rear end, grab a couple sets of leaf clamps from any autoparts store and clamp the overload to the leaf pack (only for track time, remove for daily driving), that combined with the sway bar will give you a slide monster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.