Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

What methanol to run?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ochizon 
#1 ·
I almost have my urd 4u kit installed and will be ordering methanol soon. Any suggestions on which to use. It is between VP racing's M1 and M3 Methanol. This is taken from their site:
METHANOL

M1™
M1 Racing Methanol has a 99.95% minimum purity - the highest purity available in the U.S. With M1, engines run cooler and are less subject to corrosion. VP uses only lined drums which prohibit rust, corrosion and metal deposits that can contaminate fuel delivery systems. Recommended for all methanol-legal racing applications.

NEW! M3™
Like M1, M3 Racing Methanol has the highest purity available, but with an extra boost. With special additives, M3 offers a wider range of jetting options, making jetting easier and more consistent. With better tuning and cleaner, more efficient combustion, M3 makes more power than any standard methanol on the market and passes water test as well.

I can get 5 gallons of the M1 for $32 and the M3 for $34.

Any suggestions?

See less See more
#3 ·
That is what I figured so I will probably opt for the cheaper one.

#5 ·
I guess it depends on what the .05% impurities are :D That's very expensive for either one, the methanol I found at a local racing fuel supplier was around $2.50 a gal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.