Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

2.7 Aluminum Flywheel???

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  fabtaco 
#1 ·
Hey guys, we already have an aluminum flywheel for the 2.4 2RZ motor. But we dont have one for the 2.7 3RZ.

How many would be interested in one???

Let me know!!!

Thanks!!!
Luis

#10 ·
HI RacerX it actually does the opposite. Because the flywheel weighs less, your motor and tranny have less rotational inertia to support.

Imagine swinging a bag that weighs 30 pounds on your arm. Then imagine swinging the same bag but it only weighs 10 pounds.

Not only will you swing it easier but it a lot less stress on your arm, muscles and arm socket.

Same principal for your engine. This is whats called free horse power.

Luis

#13 ·
HI RacerX, no adverse effects at all. I have had an aluminum flywheel in all of my street driven cars as long as I can remember myself and no problems.

As long as you have a nice and even wear pattern on your disc, you should have no problem at all.

Alex, you are correct!!! You also have mail!!!

Would you guys be interested in a flywheel / clutch package deal???!!!

Let me know!!!
Thanks!!!
Luis

#17 ·
Yeah, I kinda agree. The 3RZ is offered only on the ext. cab. It's heavy basically. (around 3000-3100 lbs.) It does have 10 extra hp, and 10-15 extra tq. but the gain is negleted...I think...
Alex

#18 ·
I always thought there were 2wd 2.7 Hey I just learned something new!!!:D

Ok, in that case, your right. Sorry. Were still going to make one as we have a few customers that are using the 2.7 for drag. So if anyone gets interested, you know where to find it.:D

P.S. Check the vendors forum. Were running a sale on the 2.4 aluminum flywheel!!!

Thanks!!!
Luis

#21 ·
What do you mean wrong ! YES I know that the 3RZ is offered ALSO on the reg. cab 4WD.
NOT 2wd reg. cab (that's what I meant).....don't be a pain in the arse...:D
Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.