Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

About to trade in my tacoma on an S runner!!! what mods do i get??

850 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tacoma1996 
#1 ·
Ok local toyota dealer got a srunner in on trade an 04 black extended cab its sweet. anyways its in my driveway right now lol i havent bought it yet but there doin a vehicle inspection on my truck and all that stuff cause im tradin my 96 taco in on her. now since i practally own a new S runner what mods should be first on my list?? now The TRD supercharger sounds soo good however Gadget is talkin up the new turbo kit from URD and im really thinking about holding off and buying it however i donno!! what should I start off with on mods? clutch and suspension and wheels and tires?? or just go for the guts and turbo/supercharge the beast?? lol... sorry im just excited about this!!!

#5 ·
What are you going to use if for? Straight line driving or twisties? Dragstrip or autocross? Bagged and throwing sparks? Burnouts?

If you want performance on the twisty roads, then get the TRD clutch type LSD. If you want to do burnouts and drag racing and don't drive in the inclement conditions, get the Powertrax.

If turbo is okay for you (smog inspection not required) then wait for the URD Turbo. If you need to maintain some appearance of being emissions legal, then get the TRD supercharger, which comes with the smog approval sticker (of course any URD fuel kit upgrades are not technically legal, but they will typically not be seen in a smog inspection).

#6 ·
yah i dont have to worry about smog here and yah im thinkin ill wait for the turbo from urd case i wanna be one of the first to get it and tell you all about it lol!! but yah I will be doing a lot of daily driving on the highway with it however not too many huge turns and such here just strait roads so a powertrax may be the best however i do like the LSD so honestly im leaning towards the LSD plus that it will still do pretty good at the strip im sure at least better than single track!!

#7 ·
Think long and hard before installing a powertrax. It can be very anoying in normal driving. Things like parking, U-turns, and slow right and left turns suck. It is however really fun going around turns under hard acceleration. Put a traction bar into the mix like I have it the rear end makes lots of noises

#8 ·
k tomarrow im finishin the paperwork and im bringin her home to stay, next weekend i have some vacation time im takin some and im buyin a digital cam and show ya guys some pics i love this truck!! however some parts i bought to install on my 96 i have for sale so check out the forsale part if you guys are interested otherwise ill ebay them after i get a cam but i figured ya guys would like dibs on the stuff. its nothing huge but meh ya never know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.