Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

water injection through EGR port

689 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gastafalo_bob 
#1 ·
Has any one with a 01 and newer used the egr port on the s/c for water injection? It looks much easier to fab a nozzle plate for that, then to tap and drill the S/C. Does this allow for proper water atomization?

#2 ·
That will not work well. The nozzel must be flush or pertrude into the air stream slightly at a 90* angle to the air stream to work properly.

I did have some adapter plates made up that fit between the throttle body and the supercharger. I do not have gaskets made yet. If you want one now at a reduced cost you can email Brian at the email address on the www.URDUSA.com website. You can just get another TRD throttle body gasket from your dealer part number 602-17620-032 and some longer bolts from the hardware store. You will also have to fiddle with the throttle cable braket a bit.

Once I get all these things and package them together, the price will jump up. I just do not know when I will get these other things done.

There are a few people running these plates now.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.