Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Molnar rods? anybody?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Arky 
#1 ·
I tried searching, but anybody using the Molnar rods?

#3 ·
I would also like to know if anyone has tried these 2rz rods. Paired with some Wiseco pistons it would be a fairly inexpensive built bottom end.

3rz rods are longer than 2rz so these would only work in a 2rz.

#4 ·
Kinda what I'm thinking, those rods and some standard bore wisecos, arps and a good gasket and you'd be set. If they are anywhere near as good as Eagles they should easily hold more power than I want to spend transmission wise. Honda guys are getting 600hp and turning the motors close to 10,000rpm on Eagles.

#5 ·
Paradise racing has 2rz Eagle rods on sale for $349 for black Friday! Normal price is $399. LCE is selling similar rods for $490. If you're willing to gamble similar looking unbranded rods can also be found for $275 on ebay but who knows what you will get.

Also, LCE recently added similar no name 3rz rods for sale on their website for the same $490 as the 2rz rods. It may not be long until other vendors start selling them.

#8 ·
I hope maybe if 2jz get hard to find they'll start taking the 5vz more seriously as a performance engine and forged stuff will be cheaper. I'm wondering what my price point would actually be for nice rods. Maybe $8-900 would do it at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.