Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

How can I get 200hp out of my 2rz?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dalton<3yotas 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get 200-250 out of my truck. Without using a turbo set up. I just want to go a little faster. Is that enough hp to slide the truck? Someone help me I want to at least drift a little. And I'm new to all this. I had a weak integra that didn't do anything but save me gas money. I want to slide so how much power is enough? And what other factors do I need to consider? And how do I get there? (Parts)

#2 ·
You can slide our trucks factory. I slid mine on stock suspension (basically) and stock motor with only an upgraded clutch and ****ty rear tires. any car can slide in factory form, maybe not with clouds of smoke like the pros but its definitely possible. Now that i have stiffer suspension the truck actually slides pretty well. I've driven a few 240's in factory trim and boosted, factory was actually easier for me while i was learning the basics. To answer your question though, i dont think we will ever see 200-250 hp out of a N/A 2rz, without enormous pockets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.