Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

MORE wheel bearing issues...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dean N. 
#1 ·
Last month, I had the front left wheel bearing unit replaced. I just got back from getting new tires put on the truck (at a Flynn's tires). While there, the tech pulled me into the garage and said, your (front left) wheel bearing is BADLY shot, and he showed me: The truck was raised, and he just grabbed the wheel assembly and the wiggled it around. After explaing to him that the bearing was <2 months old he looked confused and said he had no idea what was wrong then. I showed him the new bearing assembly - you can see the brand new metal behind the hub.

Anyone know what could be the issue?

#3 ·
is your truck really a tacoma? or is it the prior model? i had a 92.. that had aweful trouble with front wheel bearings.
it turns out the spindels were bent, and i was dousing the bearing in grease. minimal grease should be used and the threads behind the lock nuts should be ***** AND SPAN .. no grease what so ever?

the TACOMA 4wd uses a sealed bearing to my knowledge. Thus.. you would have issues with your front end? either that or you take jumps?

Jumps was what initiated my original problems with my front wheel bearings.

#5 ·
RyansToy said:
is your truck really a tacoma?
'95.5 Tacoma SX 4x4. I immediately suspected (as did the tire guys) that the bearing assembly was defective since I had it replaced so recently. And yes, it is a sealed unit.

Jumps are definitely not an issue. My Taco is my daily driver.

I've never done any suspension work, so if that's the problem, I'd like to learn a little more about it before either paying someone to do the work to attempting it myself. Any input is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.