Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1998 ecm pinouts

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  onetrackmind 
#1 ·
need wiring diagram

#6 ·
There are 2 rows of pins on the 1998 4-cylinder ECM's connectors.

The connectors that plug into the ECM are illustrated on the wiring diagram ZIP posted. Scroll down to page 98. The E5, E6, E7, and E8 connectors are the ones that plug into the ECM at the A, B, C, and D connection points (respectively).

#8 ·
Maybe it was a 5VZ pinout diagram. 5VZ ECM connections had more than 2 rows of pins during the 1998 - 2000 period. :thinking:

#14 · (Edited)
Here in this pic/ attachment of a 98 M/T ecu you can see what I'm talking about.

( specifically - IGT trigger , and IGF feedback pins );

IGT1 (E823)
IGT2 (E822)
IGF (E817)

/\ /\ Taken directly from the text in the previously posted terminals of ECM . The first column
"Symbols (Terminals No.)" does name the terminals and their respective locations..you just need to put them in the order you want as far as personal preferance ..alphabetical, numerical, whatever...
The second column even gives the wiring color in case you second guess yourself.. Virtually spoon-feeding here LOL!

Attachments

#11 ·
You have to refer to both the ECM terminals diagram and the engine control wiring diagram to correlate functional designations (e.g., IGT1; IGF) with specific pins on the ECM's own connections.

For example ...

On the terminals diagram the table shows the IGF signal is handled at ECM connection E8, pin 17. On the wiring diagram you'll find the IGF connection is at 'D 17'. ECM connection cluster 'D' is the same as 'E8' on the terminal diagram.

#12 ·
hoped ? some ' sheldon cooper ( big bang theory ) ' had already done the

math : labeling all ecm pins , so i could then stand on his / her shoulder ;

i visited the denso / manufacturer 's website only to discover they stopped

making ecms ... escaping federal class action hearings on why transmission

and other computer - controlled mechanisms can fail , in real time use ...

sometimes , fatally ;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.