Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

extended cab carrier bearing issues

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  poppyseed 
#1 ·
Based on these pictures. I'm not sure what to do here.

Grenaded the 7.5 with locker, 80k miles of rough abuse..
This time it was massive wheel hop.. not sure this 4 link is dialed in.

Anyone replace this?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Based on these pictures. I'm not sure what to do here.

Grenaded the 7.5 with locker, 80k miles of rough abuse..
This time it was massive wheel hop.. not sure this 4 link is dialed in.

Anyone replace this?
I have not replaced mine yet. I have a 2001 Tacoma extended cab 4X4. The carrier bearing is the weak link in the drivetrain and if you put a lot of power or torque on it the carrier bearing will eventually give out. On my project for drag racing only I plan on having a 1 piece driveshaft made for my truck to get rid of the carrier bearing.

Mad Maxx

#4 · (Edited)
I think this was in stock position.

Not sure if I want to go with a custom carrier like that, they aren't rated for more than 2k rpm according to the bearing manufacturer. Using the part number, I contacted the manufacturer and they got back to me yesterday.

So is the stock setup just a rubber deal that's wedged between the bracket and the bearing?

#8 ·
i ordered a cheap replacement carrier bearing from amazon when mine went out. ordered the cheapest they had and had a driveline shop put it on for me. still running it lol.

#12 ·
All the parts diagrams I have show the 'center support bearing' as a single assembly. No subsidiary parts are shown or listed. Looks to me like it's sold as a whole unit.

#14 ·
Chris:

ToyoDIY lists it as:

37230 BEARING ASSY, CENTER SUPPORT, NO.1
37230-35120 1 $216.43

ToyotaPartsZone lists it (same P/N) for $141.83.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.