Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

lubricating propeller shaft, wheel bearings, and drive shaft bearings?

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Mac8008 
#1 ·
I'm about to do my 30 K maintenance and it's my first time. The only part I'm stuck at is the lubricating parts. Anyone think they can help me out here? What kind of lubrication do I use? How do i do it? Totally lost here.

#2 ·
<font color="green"> You're goin to luby teh driveshaft and all ???
just get your self a grease gun and some shop towels .......
on the lube? it all depends on what you'er going lube up ......
you can lube most psrts with some ......
Lithium base multi-porpose, NLGI no. 1 ..... and/or
Molybdenum-disulfide base, NLDI no. 2
.... U-joints,Double Cardian U-joint
driveshaft.... ballljoints .......
Just wipe off the dirt from the ZERK fitting and pump away !!!</font>

#3 ·
ay thanks for the reply, but i'm new to fixing trucks. Do you know what a propeller shaft is? drive shaft bearings? Haha cause I don't. Where can I find these at? If you can help me out i'd appreciate it. I would have tooken it to the dealer but it would have costed me an arm and leg.

#4 ·
ay thanks for the reply, but i'm new to fixing trucks.
Do you know what a propeller shaft is? drive shaft bearings? Haha cause I don't.
Where can I find these at? If you can help me out i'd appreciate it. I would have tooken it to the dealer but it would have costed me an arm and leg.
<font color="green">just get your repair manual and look under maintenance schedule pages, it should tell you what lubes to use on/where all lube fittings are...... as for doing it your self, it's a simple TASK !!! Just take your time, and you'll have it done in no time ..... Hope this helps ......

#5 ·
Yeah i already looked at my maintenance book. It tells me where to lub, but I don't know where those parts are or even what they are in general. Thanks for the reply though. I'll probably end up bothering my uncle's to help me out. they are mechancis so they should know.

#10 ·
Re: lubricating propeller shaft, wheel bearings, and drive shaft beari

Can anyone tell me what has to be lubricated in the vicinity of the driveshaft, yoke and anything else related.

I have a 95 Taco 2rz 2wd. If you can be specific and give locations, it would be a great help
'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.