Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

crazy windshield wipers

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Speed Freek 
#1 ·
well when i was on the way home after the hurricane, i got on the road and about 5 minutes into the drive my wipers magically started going off and would not stop no matter what so i just unplugged them.. anyone had this problem before? i'm leanign towards the wiper wand more than the motor itself... any imput?:shrug:

#4 ·
There is no separate 'wiper relay' in a 2001 Taco unless you have intermittent wipers. Even then, the relay is integrated into the wiper combination switch.

Here (attached) are the wiring diagrams (with intermittent / without intermittent) ...

My guess is that your combination switch (the module the stalk attaches to ...) has gone wonky ...

Attachments

#7 ·
Once I was leaving my girlfriends house at like 2 in the morning, trying to be all quiet (didnt want the parents to hear me) and when I got in the truck turned on the key the ***** horn just stayed on Hooooonk!!!!!!
That suked, didnt go so well :looney: it never did it again after that :shrug: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.