Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Fabtech basic or performance coilovers?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  barnestaco 
#1 ·
I have a 02 Tacoma with TRD and auto hubs and I was woundering which lift I should do the Fabtech basic or the performance coilover? Since both can Only raise my truck a maximum of 2.5", one (basic) is non-rebuildable where are the performance can be. However take into consideration I won't be doing any sort of offroading (some if not any) and this lift is for better performance on road (highway and city) and look as in height and bigger tires. I heard that nitrogen shocks can fade does that mean the performance shocks can fade? Even if it says non-rebuildable front for basic can we replace the shock with new ones la8er down the line and keep the coils and adjustable shaft (the threaded part) or not? If the performance fade you probably have to buy a whole new shaft/shock where you cannot buy just the shock alone since the shock is built into the adjustable shaft. What should I do waste money on the performance one or save money by buying the basic? What is the down side of both? I know it is logic that when you spend more money on a product you get what you pay for but I am so confused.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.