Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

My truck, full 2 page feature in Minitruckin Magazine.

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  34477 
#1 ·
About 5 months ago, I submitted some pictures and a little build info to Minitruckin Magazine about my Tacoma and never heard anything or saw anything pop up in the magazine.

I just got off the phone with an editor (Noel) and they said that sometime in August @ a Twisted Concepts show in Shakopee Minnesota that they would like to do a 2 page feature on it.

After I rattled off a few of the mods and manufacturers of parts I had on it, he asked if I road raced or autox'd it.. I told him I just wanted it to handle better than a truck, more power, more fun without loosing any utility for hauling, towing,ect.. It's just an all around setup and it really had no specific purpose.

He said.. "I like that, that could be the perfect heading... No Specific Purpose"

I thought..
meh.. I don't really care. It'll just be cool to get in a magazine
:evil:

He mentioned they were looking to do an issue on just performance modded/track use mini's that actually get driven and had some of that minitruckin style to it and that he thought I had something that would fit right in there..

So today I'm going to walk around the truck in my storage and write down the parts list/manufacturers, specs, and all that. He wanted a list of all currently installed parts, specs ready by the time of next summers show and that he would contact me.

I gave him my email.. he sent me a few pics of his project while we were bullshlttin over the phone and he also found my submission of pics from 5 months ago.. sweet.. :D

So I've got to get crackin on it and get my bbk, drop spindles, qa1's, 4-link suspension, clutch, tranny, ms3x, intercooler/plumbing and all that rollin. :jawdrop:

He said he knows my buddy Ross with a bagged Sonoma out here in my neck of the woods and that Ross mentioned me after Noel asked him about trucks done in a performance fashion. siiiiiiiiick :cool:

I'm placing a call to Luis @ Paradise after I'm done here.. :waytogo:

See less See more
#5 ·
Congratulations, Chris! :waytogo: :applause:

It might be even more interesting if they were to publish ALL the mod's that have come and gone on your Taco ... :thinking:

:evil:

#6 · (Edited)
Noooooooooooooooooo :lol:

Is it ok if I mention to the minitrucker photographer I know that a buddy of mine is gonna get in with a sweet street style truck?
Go to hell!

uhhh no

They do have a yearly big show in Lethbridge Alberta Canada.
You cant get out there unless you go to shows.

#13 ·
Just found this thread... :brickknoc

CONGRATS CHRIS!! :waytogo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.